Gophers-OSU Gameday Thread

Border Gopher

Reaction score
Nolen picks up two fouls early = ouch. Hate to say it, but Iverson IS a large part of the rebounding problem right now. Seems to be a half-second behind the action.

Tubby needs to wise up quickly.

What does a line up of JAS-Joseph-JWill-Hoffarber-Busch do for you?

That is not an acceptable Big Ten line up. Period.

And why why why would you have Sampson guarding Turner in a man to man defense??????

This is a pathetic coaching strategy thus far.

They're a mess offensively with Nolen as well.

Much better Tubby, smart move to the zone defense and getting some better athletes on the floor was a catalyst for this run.

Joseph is looking better than he has all year.

This Is

Devoe's breakout game. Watch us crush these punks in the second half...we win by 15.

Tubby needs to wise up quickly.
What does a line up of JAS-Joseph-JWill-Hoffarber-Busch do for you?

It gets you a 19-2 run to close the half lol

EDIT: actually they just started the run. Iverson was in for much of that run as was Bostick.

Joseph is making this statement look silly...for now.

They're a mess offensively without Nolen.

It's certainly possible that this is Joseph's breakout game, but in any event, he certainly played well in that first half. He was pushing the ball up the floor and facilitating baskets before OSU could get their defense set. He hit some shots and played energetic D. Let's hope that he keeps it up all season.

I wish strategy messages could be relayed directly to the coaches at The Barn rather than posting them here first.

Nice rally by the Gophers. But long 2nd half yet to go.

Great signs...

A few notes from the first half that give me reason for optimism:

- LOTS more hustle, effort and energy on the boards. Still can improve, but Tubby obviously got through to them.

- Joseph is showing more signs of being a capable backup to Nolen.

- Paul Carter brought a lot of energy/hustle and made a positive impact.

- Devron Bostic didn't force the action and made the open triple.

- 6 three-pointers in the half from at least 4 players and not one from Hoff. With that many shooters out there, the opposing D has a problem...

Go Gophers!

I'm surprised at the PT JAS got.

Johnson is possessed today.

JAS has limitations, but he plays hard, he hustles and leads by example.

An invaluable member of this team.

Even Coach Smith is impressed right now. what an effort so far

damn this is a fun game to watch. I have a feeling that the make-up of this team will result in some ups and downs like we've gotten during the past two games. Mbwake and White should be salivating about the potential PT that will up for grabs at the 4.

It gets you a 19-2 run to close the half lol

EDIT: actually they just started the run. Iverson was in for much of that run as was Bostick.

Only JAS and Joseph were in for that run. I'm fine with any of those 5 players on the floor, just not together.

HUGE 3-pointer by Westbrook

OSU had just made a couple of baskets after a couple empty trips by the Gophers to cut it from 14 to 10. Shot clock winding down, Westbrook's 3 really cutoff any possible momentum for OSU at the time.

Getting better shots

We are getting much better shots this game than we did vs. MSU. Nice penetration, offensive movement, etc. Two things clear to me:

We are obviously playing better today (duh)
OSU is not even close to the strength of MSU

I think the real story in the Big Ten will be who emerges for 3rd place. At this point, Purdue and MSU are in their own tier.

We are really struggling with their press

We have turned it over twice in a row on the press. Can't let them back in it!

Wow, we're really trying to piss this game away.

I think we will be ok

We need to make our free throws.

Nice Win

Now go Penn State!

Agree, the guys did a really nice job on the offensive end today. Good job of all of the guys finding the open man and then finishing, whether it was inside or from the perimeter.

Devoe Joseph played maybe his best all-around game of the season in my opinion. Nolen was solid and Johnson did what he usually does (solid in several different phases). Westbrook also looked pretty good and the bigs (Sampson and Iverson) did a nice job as well.

I got a few gray hairs watching us against the press at the end, but overall, a really solid game from the guys today :D

Top Bottom