Gophers on verge of offering Detroit prep as WR/safety

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SuperPrep.com:

Daniel Easterly’s tape has made it to the desks of many college coaches and it has shown the talent the Detroit Cass Tech product has. Already holding one offer coming into the day, Easterly scored a Big Ten offer this evening and is expecting more in the coming days.

At 6’5, 195-lbs, with the versatility to play many positions, Detroit Cass Tech’s Daniel Easterly is naturally receiving lots of recruiting interest.
Last season, playing wide receiver, safety, cornerback and some linebacker, he recorded 15 batted passes, 58 solo tackles, 15 assists, two interceptions, four fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles. He now has another stat to keep track of: scholarship offers.

“I got another today,” he reported, “from Illinois. I got it in the mail and their coach, Coach Zook told me in an e-mail that it would be coming. I’ve been talking to their Coach Gilmore for a long time, so I guess it just went from there. I will visit them, but I don’t have a date, him and Coach Wilcher are talking about it.”

Toledo is the other team who has offered Easterly, but he feels he is closing in on several more.

“Yeah, I’ll get another offer from Minnesota tomorrow, they said they like how I play and I would be a good addition to their team. Coach Brown said the Notre Dame offer is coming in soon too. Central Michigan’s coming in with an offer this weekend too.”

On Thursday, Easterly was in Ann Arbor, for a Michigan basketball game, but as usual, football was also discussed.

“I had to leave early, so I didn’t get to finish to the game, but I talked to Coach Dews. He said I just have to wait and hold on, but they’ll be on my tail soon and they could offer soon.”

With all of the different roles he can play on a team, there may be some position coaches fighting over Mr. Easterly, but at the moment, he says the options are all there.

“Coach Gilmore said Illinois wants me to play safety. Minnesota wants me at safety and wide receiver; they’re looking at me for both and so is Central Michigan.”

Go Gophers!!

Cass Tech is a good program in Michigan. I know Michigan took 2 or 3 from there last year and it may have been the only players from the state of Michigan that they took.

Top Bottom