Gophers offer St. Louis QB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per HawkeyeInsider.com:

2011 St.Louis quarterback Christian Suntrup added his fourth scholarship offer this week when a Big Ten team came calling. The Chaminade College Prep signal caller has in hand two offers from the Big 12 and another from a PAC-10 school.

Christian Suntrup was called down to the coaches office at Chaminade College Prep this week and received some good news.

Minnesota Coach Tim Brewster was on the other end of the phone to extend to him the 2011 quarterback a scholarship offer. It represented the fourth for the 6-foot-2.5, 210-pound signal caller.

"He said that the coaches talked and they really liked my highlight film," Suntrup said. "I was pretty excited."

Suntrup hasn't visited Minneapolis but plans to make a trip north in the near future.

Several other schools have picked up their recruitment of Suntrup. Boston College, Illinois, Arizona, Arkansas and Alabama have inquired about him.

"Things are going pretty well," Suntrup said.

Suntrup recently attended a junior day at Kansas and was in Iowa City for the Hawkeyes first junior day in January.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/948114.html

Go Gophers!!

I thought about posting a thread about him a week or so ago. Normally I don't think an individual recruit is thread-worthy unless he visits or committs, but quarterbacks are just more fun for most people.

From what I've seen of the kid, he tends to float a lot of his passes, but he's got a pretty big arm. Definitely worthy of an offer. I thought we were going to offer Jim Haslett's kid (also from St. Louis), seemed like more of a Brewster move.

I'd like to see us come away with a QB from this class, despite our limited numbers. While we have a handful of young guys on the roster, none of them have proven they can be the guy, or in some cases if QB is even their ideal position.

If I recall correctly Brew has stated that he'd like to add at least 1 QB every class. Suntrup already has a nice list of offers (Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Stanford & Minnesota), he'd be a nice pickup.

Top Bottom