Gophers offer '23 4-star (Delaware) QB Cameron Edge

Ciarrocca had some good years as OC at Delaware...must have good contacts in area

Recruiting profile:

They list Kirk Ciarrocca as his primary recruiter at both Minnesota and Penn State. I guess that tells us that Kirk has been on him for quite a while and that either PSU isn't really that interested or 247 hasn't updated their info in quite some time.

It feels surreal to read the Gophers regularly going after solid 4 star kids. Even 5 years ago a I would have laughed at you.

The Edge, sure, but can he throw it over the middle?

The Edge, sure, but can he throw it over the middle?
kege.jpg

Remember these days?

QB Avery Johnson that was a "Top Target" category dropped to "Interested". Change of coordinator no doubt. Maybe he knew The Edge was coming to town.

It feels surreal to read the Gophers regularly going after solid 4 star kids. Even 5 years ago a I would have laughed at you.
Brew actually did this a lot. In the fullness of time we learned he was in on some really good players and got some to commit for a while....Taylor Lewan, Sheldon Richardson, LaMichael James, etc

They probably would have toiled for 4 different coordinators in 4 years on losing teams had they come here, but nobody can accuse Brew of not aiming high in recruiting. It was Kill/Claeys and also Mason who seemed to bow out when a player got a 4th star

Gophs should be turning it up a notch. This has been an overall top-25 program for the past 3 seasons.

Brew actually did this a lot. In the fullness of time we learned he was in on some really good players and got some to commit for a while....Taylor Lewan, Sheldon Richardson, LaMichael James, etc

They probably would have toiled for 4 different coordinators in 4 years on losing teams had they come here, but nobody can accuse Brew of not aiming high in recruiting. It was Kill/Claeys and also Mason who seemed to bow out when a player got a 4th star

Gophs should be turning it up a notch. This has been an overall top-25 program for the past 3 seasons.
Yes, well said.

Brewster did indeed show he could get >4* kids to pay attention to us. If I remember correctly he secured Marqueis Gray's commitment when he was a solid 4*, played in the army game and was ranked the #2 dual-threat QB in the country.

Kill and Claeys seemed to be content with trying to mold 3 stars. To their credit, they did a great job at bringing in JUCO guys that ended up in the NFL.

Agreed. PJ needs to keep going hard. I'll know we've made it when we can consistently land 4* O & D linemen. That's why I don't get too excited anymore when I see a random 4 star skill guy sign.

Other teams have done it too… and not done well with it. Often when a coordinator from a big name school takes a HC job at wahoo st and still offers the big names.
Anyone can make an offer and kids will celebrate it, bringing them in is what counts.

Yes, well said.

Brewster did indeed show he could get >4* kids to pay attention to us. If I remember correctly he secured Marqueis Gray's commitment when he was a solid 4*, played in the army game and was ranked the #2 dual-threat QB in the country.

Kill and Claeys seemed to be content with trying to mold 3 stars. To their credit, they did a great job at bringing in JUCO guys that ended up in the NFL.

Agreed. PJ needs to keep going hard. I'll know we've made it when we can consistently land 4* O & D linemen. That's why I don't get too excited anymore when I see a random 4 star skill guy sign.
Fleck and Brewster are/were willing to go to battle with other power 5 schools for players. Mason and Kill preferred to focus in on the next tier guys who weren't getting a ton of power 5 attention.

Why not? Add a full concert post game. They have already done a full concert here.
That should be an annual event: Game and a Concert. Shouldn’t add too much to the ticket price for a good band. They could sell a lot of standing room tickets to for both during and after the game.

That should be an annual event: Game and a Concert. Shouldn’t add too much to the ticket price for a good band. They could sell a lot of standing room tickets to for both during and after the game.
We did a fireworks show one tim—-

giphy.gif

Top Bottom