Gophers make page C14 of the Strib.

Reaction score
The last page. Of course the " Little Darlings" of the State have 7 pages of related coverage. I'm wondering, if we beat Western Michigan do jump up to C13 the following Sunday?, and horrors to be, if we beat Syracuse the week after that is page C12 a given on Sunday? What if by the graces of God we go 12-0 !! Not good at math, but it seems in the grand scheme of things and the mindset of the Strib
we would "Lordy, Lordy, hot damn," make the front page! I say this tongue in cheek as I wait for another punk Strib reporter to quote a 30 year old professional
student about Gopher's giving up football and making it front page news in the main section. You gotta love the level playing field boys.

Umm...it was two days after the game, and the day after the Vikings first game. The Gophers were on the front page of the sports page on Sunday. Even you are not dumb enough to suggest that the Gophers should be on the front page on a Monday after the first Vikings game right?

The Gophers had good coverage on Sunday, being in the front page of the sports section, and promient coverage on pages 2, 8 and 9.

Page C14 is quite good coverage for a Monday. It's a large article on the back page on the sports section. The back page is much better coverage than C13. The back page catches more attention than a page towards the back of the sports section. There is also I nice picture of Gray on page 2.

superduper,

I think we all get that you are on a crusade to end print media, but you should probably calm down and think about what your'e posting before you get all huffy puffy trying to blow the stribs house down. you might have a heart attack at this rate. We don't need to lose anymore gopher fans.

superduper,

I think we all get that you are on a crusade to end print media, but you should probably calm down and think about what your'e posting before you get all huffy puffy trying to blow the stribs house down. you might have a heart attack at this rate. We don't need to lose anymore gopher fans.

Did you notice I said " Tongue in cheek"?

The "back page" of the sports is a cursory front page. Far and away, by leaps and bounds, better than being on C13, or anything else after C3.

I read the Strib Sports Section this way:

Page 1 of the sports section...current events.

Next comes page 2 0r 3 for Sid Hartman.

Then comes last page...day before update.

Everything else in between wraps the gargage with a new ribbon. This includes Reusse, SoupCan, et. al.

I used to spend around $40 per mo on newspapers. Now zero. Thanks Al Gore for the internet.

I used to spend around $40 per mo on newspapers. Now zero. Thanks Al Gore for the internet.

As a kid growing up, I remember 35 cents for the Monday-Saturday for the Winona Daily News. Big paper day was the Minneapolis Tribune for 75 cents, delivered. That was back in the days of the Peach Sports Section featuring Gopher Football and pictures from the game, including the insert..."Touchdown" on a Gopher TD.

Top Bottom