Gophers Land Ohio Saftey Antonio Johnson

David Letterman is not happy

Minnesota coach Jerry Kill called Shaker Heights, Ohio, safety Antonio Johnson tonight to let him know he had a scholarship offer.

Seconds later, Johnson let Kill know he was going to be a Golden Gopher.

“It’s really a dream come true,” Johnson said less than an hour after receiving the phone call from Kill. “I’ve always wanted to play on the big stage, the Big Ten and a BCS school.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=913

Go Gophers!!

No Western Michigan offer? Well color me unimpressed.

I'm still waiting for 3399 to tell me whether I can be excited about this recruit or not. Hurry up! The suspense is agonizing.

I'm still waiting for 3399 to tell me whether I can be excited about this recruit or not. Hurry up! The suspense is agonizing.
I'm betting he says not to be excited!

If you watch the two you tube videos, he looks pretty explosive on some plays and he hits people. He also looks like he will get bigger.

All MAC offers> Not rated as yet on Scout. Comes from a good recruiting area. The coaching staff is also going to talk with a yet named teammate. This has to fill out the DB positions unless Moss doesn't do well on his test re-take. I think the coaches are resigned to the fact that the 3 Prattville, Alabama recruits are staying in SEC country. I hope they get a committment from one of the 3 JC DT's they're recruiting.

All MAC offers> Not rated as yet on Scout. Comes from a good recruiting area. The coaching staff is also going to talk with a yet named teammate. This has to fill out the DB positions unless Moss doesn't do well on his test re-take. I think the coaches are resigned to the fact that the 3 Prattville, Alabama recruits are staying in SEC country. I hope they get a committment from one of the 3 JC DT's they're recruiting.

What's the story on Moss retaking a test?

Seems to know how to get the angle, and tackle in multiple situations. I like it.

Don't care if Kill is gleaning the stubble from the field...if the players get the job done...welcome.

Kill is trying to build the program. He has to get the best players he can.

Look at Davidson. From every account he does not even take the U seriously at this time...Granted, given he has only lived here a year or so there is home grown loyalty, but think of him from another state then...for top recruits from other states, that is probably pretty close to the consideration they give toward the U when Kill comes knocking on the door.

In these recruits Kill is getting, I am seeing some pretty good measurables and until Coach Kill gets the program turned around, equal consideration with helmet schools among from top recruits may be hard to come by.

Minnesota coach Jerry Kill called Shaker Heights, Ohio, safety Antonio Johnson tonight to let him know he had a scholarship offer.

“It’s really a dream come true,” Johnson said less than an hour after receiving the phone call from Kill. “I’ve always wanted to play on the big stage, the Big Ten and a BCS school.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=913

Go Gophers!!

Here is the whole Insider article:

Last week, Johnson committed to Ball State but said he would still officially visit Minnesota this past weekend. For Johnson to make the switch, he said Minnesota would have to blow him away. The Gophers did just that.

“I was like I can’t just blow this away,” he said. “After I was just up there and seen everything and seen the players, I could just get the whole vibe and whole atmosphere and knew it was for me.”

Minnesota originally was recruiting Johnson at running back, but this weekend the staff made it clear it wants him 5-foot-11, 190-pound two-star prospect at safety. On Sunday, Kill told Johnson he wanted to evaluate him and two other safeties on film and would make a decision as to which one he would offer.

On Tuesday, Kill chose Johnson.

Since returning home from his official visit Sunday, Johnson had a lot to think about. He committed to Ball State a little more than a week ago after a visit there after he felt it was the best non-BCS option for him.

“From when I first went up [to Minnesota] I knew it would be a hard decision,” Johnson said. “The more and more I was up there, it started coming in pieces like ‘Yeah I got to do it. I just got to be at Minnesota.’ ”

Johnson is Minnesota's 25th known commitment and third safety in its 2012 class.

Who is the third safety?

Johnson is Minnesota's 25th known commitment and third safety in its 2012 class.

I expect Nick Rallis is the second safety but who is the third safety? P.S. dpodoll did not make the comment above. It was in the article he posted.

I expect Nick Rallis is the second safety but who is the third safety? P.S. dpodoll did not make the comment above. It was in the article he posted.
If it's ESPN, they consider Moss a safety, and I personally agree.

Moss is listed as a S in ESPN's database.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see Gopherprof's post above me.

This guy sounds really intelligent.

“After I was just up there and seen everything and seen the players, I could just get the whole vibe and whole atmosphere and knew it was for me.”

This guy sounds really intelligent.

“After I was just up there and seen everything and seen the players, I could just get the whole vibe and whole atmosphere and knew it was for me.”

Coach SAID "Give me Da Ball!"

THANK YOU!

You truly truly made my day! I am flattered that you are seeking my opinion!! You are the best!

So a couple grown men, hiding behind anonymous monikers, mock a 17, 18 year old kid who very well could have been involved in his first formal interview. An interview where the kid is committing to the Gophers-you know, the team/program we all cheer for. Classy.

Top Bottom