Gophers in top 10 of RPI

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Meaningless at this point, for sure, but nonetheless nice to see. Bucknell, Fairfield and South Dakota State all holding their own to this point.

Through Thanksgiving Day games:

1. Cleveland State (3-0)
2. Denver (4-0)
3. Vandy (4-1)
4. UCSB (2-0)
5. Duke (7-0)
6. Syracuse (5-0)
7. Florida State (5-0)
8. St. Mary's (1-1)
9. Marquette (5-0)
10. GOPHERS (5-0)

Other B1G Teams
11. Northwestern
48. Wisconsin
52. Ohio State
54. Michigan State
73. Illinois
74. Penn State
78. Purdue
133. Indiana
150. Michigan
175. Iowa
232. Nebraska

Ugh. Gophers at the bottom of the top 10. Typical.

Can we fire Tubby yet?

how can this be when I see so many people complaining about our weak schedule? I pay attention to the Badgers also and am surprised their RPI is that high- to me it looks like their non-conference schedule is worse than ours.

how can this be when I see so many people complaining about our weak schedule? I pay attention to the Badgers also and am surprised their RPI is that high- to me it looks like their non-conference schedule is worse than ours.

I saw on another message board that UW's SOS is 340 out of 345 so far this year. So yeah, they've had one of the easiest non-conference schedules so far. That will change when they have to play UNC though.

Well I'm not saying we have played any real good teams, because we really haven't but we have now played two teams that were in the NCAA tournament last year (Bucknell and Indiana State).

Not going so well stopping the Indiana State shooters. We should be killing these guys.

Also I believe USC made the tournament (in a play ijn bracket or whatever) and they are on schedule this year.

Any chance the Gophers can break the top 25 if the win the championship on Sunday?

Any chance the Gophers can break the top 25 if the win the championship on Sunday?

Considering they only had one vote last week and these aren't marquee wins, I'd say no. If they take out VT and USC, they should be ranked by the following week.

KyGopherfan said:

Maybe 25th but for sure one of the top two with votes. Depends how Sid votes! Lol

I think we're in the top 25 with a win on Sunday. I'll go with 24. We already had a vote by some clown before the tournament started.

Considering they only had one vote last week and these aren't marquee wins, I'd say no. If they take out VT and USC, they should be ranked by the following week.

+1

I can't see us jumping that much with these wins. Maybe if we blew them all out but so far we just have two close wins. I see us in the 27-30 range and hopefully we'll beat VT and USC to put us in the top 25.

Being ranked is definitely better than being rank (something horrible, disgusting, sick.)!

Being ranked is definitely better than being rank (something horrible, disgusting, sick.)!

So, Dr. Don, you pick on the writing style of other GHers in another thread and here you deign to give us definitions for your clever little missives -- just in case those of us less literate can't figure it out. What would we do without you?

According to Yahoo, Gophers are #3 in the RPI rankings. I know it's very early, but is that a first?

Top Bottom