Gophers in Mike Davis' Top 7

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SoonersIllustrated.com:

Mike Davis was due to be at OU’s Junior Day, but because he missed his ride he was not able to make it in. However he till has plans to visit Norman this spring. With 11 scholarship offers nor in hand he will have plenty of options when he sits down to make a final decision.

Mike Davis, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound wide receiver from Skyline High in Dallas, Texas is racking up offers at a frantic pace. He now reports 11 offers in total, with the latest being from Baylor, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

He has a current top seven of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, California, Stanford, Minnesota, and Nebraska (all offered), but is still interested in hearing from some of the country’s heavy hitters.

“I am interested in whoever offers, but outside of that I would love to hear from USC, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, and Notre Dame,” Davis informed.

Of the schools that have offered three have elevated to the top of his list.

“Texas Tech, Cal, and OU.”

Texas Tech- “I love the offense that they run and what I would be able to do in an offense like that.”

Cal- “Cal is a good school and they have started t become more and more successful.”

Oklahoma- “I like the fact that they have a winning tradition. I want to play for a school that wins games.”

Davis was scheduled to be at OU for their junior day this afternoon, but because he missed his ride he was unable to attend.

“I did not make it,” Davis said. “I was supposed to ride with Corey Nelson, but they left earlier than I thought they would. I was asleep. He called my phone but I missed his call and they took off.”

“It is all good though. I talked to the OU coach already about it and he told me that he would just like to have me out later in the spring with my family.”

Next up on his agenda will be a junior day visit to Texas in Sept. 8.

“I will definitely be going for that one,” Davis admitted.

When can recruiting fans expect a decision out of the talented Top 100 receiver?

“I will probably wait until the All-American Game,” Davis stated. “Whichever one I decide to play in I will probably make my decision there.”

Go Gophers!!

Good to be in his top 7 for now. I would imagine some of those big schools will get at him and we will have a 5% chance.

sure hope your right but it reallly sounds like he wants to go to a powerhouse.

If he does, this new OC will have a lot to do with it. He talks about his current top 3 having very interesting offenses.

Top Bottom