Gophers' gold and gold unis get ripped

Gold on Gold rules!!! Uniforms are strange in that the uglier the concept, the cooler the uni's.

Once in a while, fine. Let's get back to Maroon for Cal though. As for the OP, I can't believe someone runs a website just to talk about uniforms. Talk about nerdy...

I'm with you Dr.Don. I loved the gold on gold! I know some don't like them, but we ARE the GOLDEN GOPHERS and that should be our permanent home uniform. If folks want to talk about them, good or bad, let them talk. Either way, it is pub for the Gophers and in my opinion that is good.

they were a big improvement over the yellow, mustard and ketchup combo vs ohio state a few years back...

My one thought is that maybe if we went to the Gold/Gold uni's that people would finally get the memo and wear gold in the stands.

Yellow on Yellow

I think that will be a rare combination for special events. I think they do it as a tribute to teams in the 60's which wore the yellow on yellow.
I don't like them. My personal favorite is the Maroon jerseys with white pants.

Very cool. Young people love em'.

That stupid site should just quit and sell itself to Perez Hilton-- it could become his "sports" section.

Minnesota invented the all-gold uni. Funny how all the same people like the pairing when it's oregon, cal or southern miss or west virginia. This is jelously that Minnesota created one of about 10 things that are unique among uniforms.

I love the solid gold unis. Look how much attention they draw! Anything that grabs the attention of media and more importantly recruits is fantastic.

Lets get some gold helmets if we are really going to go for the gold out look. But I'm sorry I know it comes up on GH a lot, but I am not a fan of the gold on gold....I was kinda upset when they ran out of the tunnel.

Once in a while, fine. Let's get back to Maroon for Cal though. As for the OP, I can't believe someone runs a website just to talk about uniforms. Talk about nerdy...

I love that website, check it out daily. He loves getting into the minutia of uniforms, especially baseball, and his usual M.O. is classic is always best.

I don't like the gold on gold uniforms and I hope they stay a RARE tradition. It is a matter of taste so I of course can live with it knowing others like that all-mustard look. I didn't like the way the sweat turned the gold jerseys into multi colored mustard either.

That being said, I did think Saturday's edition was far better then the ones they wore a couple years ago against tOSU.

I don't like the gold on gold uniforms and I hope they stay a RARE tradition. It is a matter of taste so I of course can live with it knowing others like that all-mustard look. I didn't like the way the sweat turned the gold jerseys into multi colored mustard either.

That being said, I did think Saturday's edition was far better then the ones they wore a couple years ago against tOSU.

Agree entirely. They looked much better than they did two years ago, but still not enough maroon for me in them to offset all that yellow. Sure, break them out once per year on a gold out or something, that's fine. No need for anything more. And fix the orange sweat.

i like the concept of the all gold uni, but I really didn't like the particular ones they wore against AF. The orangy/gold part that looked like they were sweating under the arms, when they weren't, and the part in front that looked like a kangaroo pouch on the big guys was really awful... They shouldn't try to match the gold where they have to use different materials... either use the same material or use maroon in those spots to accent the gold, then it doesn't look like you tried to match the gold and failed! JMHO

I loved the uniforms... I admit that I did think that the darker part was sweat, at first lol

We should mimic Cal...

While I'm a major proponent of the classic uniforms in college football, the reality is that the Gophers have far too many changes through the years to identify a classic look. Therefore, I'm fine with going with the modern/Oregon approach of mixing and matching various color combinations. If we're going to do this, let's have fun with it. In fact, our opponents this week do a good job of that. Cal mixes it up pretty nicely with blue on top of white, gold, or blue. Same with the away white jerseys, and they occasionally throw in a gold jersey.

I'd like to see some different pants on the road to change it up. You could also go with the gold jersey at home with maroon or white pants. I wouldn't even mind a standard where we wear black shoes and socks when we wear the maroon pants (though this is doubtful b/c Brew likes the white shoes).

Bottom line, since we really don't have a classic, traditional uniform to fall back on, let's have fun with it. I'm sure the players like it.

BTW...Uniwatch might be my favorite blog.

Wear gold at home until they lose. Could be start of a new tradition.

Badger....That description is pure bull$hit... Those are darker gold contrasting stripes, that is all. They were there from the start.

Badger, I was not bad mouthing you, I was expressing my opinion of the picture and discription. Sorry you are under such stress.

In the early 50s we had gold helmets and gold pants. Then Warmath brought in white helmets and white pants. But in the late 60s Murray switched to gold helmets and gold pants. Those were good uniforms. Cal Stoll went with the all old gold uniforms. I like the present day all gold if they would eliminate the dual-color (what looks like sweat stains but is supposedly a mesh fabric). I also want gold helmets.

Are we going to wear the all golds on saturday again?

Top Bottom