Gophers get ready for their first season in PCF Bank Stadium

I refuse to go to a game in a stadium sponsored by the Parti Communiste Français (French Communist Party). :p

Even better is the link in the article goes to the site for "BMO Bank of Montreal". I wonder why newspapers are going under everywhere.

I refuse to go to a game in a stadium sponsored by the Parti Communiste Français (French Communist Party). :p

Just in case the PCF naming rumor is unfounded:) here is an alternative stadium for you to boycott because of naming rights. Moses Mabhida Stadium, currently under construction in Durban, South Africa, one of the host sites for the 2010 soccer/football World Cup, is named for the former head of the South African Communist Party. An impressive feature of the stadium is a sort of flattened version of the St. Louis Gateway Arch that soars over the stadium. Google Earth has some cool pictures of the completion of the arch that occurred in January. Minnesotans will be less than impressed to know that the functional purpose of the arch is to support a teflon fabric roof over the stadium. On the other hand, South Africans are enthusiastic proponents of tailgating/outdoor cooking, but know it as braii.

Top Bottom