Gophers one of the highest grades in the Transfer Portal Grades via Rivals.

Narrow grading scale: highest grade is a B and lowest grade is a C-.

I do wonder though if these grades are curved based on the relative power of teams or based on the balance of incoming vs. outgoing transfers. Based on history, it's a bit difficult to imagine Ohio State bringing in a group of transfers who collectively average out to a "C-"

Highest grade? I guess everyone missed Washington's B+.

Also, the author appears to have forgotten the Gophers starting QB. Seems like a transfer worthy of mention.

So it looks like this is just grading the spring portion of the portal. If that is the case how would we just get a B? They seem less than impressed with the spring portion of the portal in the rest of the conference outside of Washington apparently.

Not really sure I get the value of breaking up portal evaluation into two sections, as I would assume most fans view it as one portal class and not two given that the players first season with the Gophers is going to be 2024 regardless of which window they used to portal in.

With all the players jumping ship each team should get retention grade for how well they kept players.

I do wonder though if these grades are curved based on the relative power of teams or based on the balance of incoming vs. outgoing transfers. Based on history, it's a bit difficult to imagine Ohio State bringing in a group of transfers who collectively average out to a "C-"
B+ for Northwestern.

Highest grade? I guess everyone missed Washington's B+.

Also, the author appears to have forgotten the Gophers starting QB. Seems like a transfer worthy of mention.
Ya, we deserve an A+...and the RB addition too!

I’m guessing the SWAG analysis was done over something w alcohol. Anyone w a keyboard or AI model can easily throw something out there.

I’m actually getting surprised at times at how bad some of the analysis is getting with regard to sports, politics, stocks, - ok, almost everything. Critical thinking is nearly gone from the media. Especially the social media news feeds. If yah don’t subscribe to sources like the Atlantic, Bloomberg, WSJornal, and few others it’s really quite mind numbingly bad. Click bait is pure garbage

Last edited:

Is Jacey Zembal serving us nothing burgers?

So, everyone in the Big 10 stayed the same, or improved? Pretty incredible, bold analysis. It’s been a quiet week in Lake Wobegone. “We are what we are”.

It feels like PJ did a pretty good job this year. Of course we'll need to see how the players pan out, but hopefully Max can be a solid QB and one or two of the WR's can contribute.

Top Bottom