Gophers get 1 vote in USA Poll

if we beat Iowa i dont see how we wont be ranked...

To be honest, I would rather not be ranked this early. It will keep a chip on their shoulder and make them play hungry. Just keep winning the rest will work its way out.

Not that it really matters, but there's no way we're in the Top 25 even with a convincing win over the Cockeyes. Beating Michigan would be another matter, however.

Not that it really matters, but there's no way we're in the Top 25 even with a convincing win over the Cockeyes. Beating Michigan would be another matter, however.

I'm a little more optimistic; I think there's a chance we're ranked with a win next week, and I could almost guarantee we'd make the top 25 if we followed that up with a road win against a likely ranked Michigan team. I could even see top 20 if we pulled off something like that. But I'm probably getting way ahead of myself.

I don't think a win against Iowa does anything for us in the rankings besides adding a few votes. The (arguably unfair) reality is that if you start the season unranked, you won't be able to make a real splash until you beat somebody pretty good, even though a team that started the season with a lot of hype can enjoy a high ranking by simply running the table against weak opponents.

if we beat Iowa i dont see how we wont be ranked...

I wouldn't have us in the top 25 if we beat Iowa. 5 wins is great, but we have beaten nobody with a pulse. Iowa would be the best opponent to date and they are bad this year. If we beat Michigan the next week we should be ranked at 6-0.

I wouldn't have us in the top 25 if we beat Iowa. 5 wins is great, but we have beaten nobody with a pulse. Iowa would be the best opponent to date and they are bad this year. When we beat Michigan the next week we will be ranked at 6-0.

FIFY

When Floyd is back home, I won't care about the Sportswriters, or the Other Coaches, or no stinkin' poll.

Just Beat Iowa!

"WE GOT ONE!", Ghostbusters style:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KzlQWCdAkgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How is Michigan still in the top 25???? Maybe they'll get it together and be a great team by the end of the year, but they haven't done much to earn a top 25 ranking so far.

I wouldn't have us in the top 25 if we beat Iowa. 5 wins is great, but we have beaten nobody with a pulse. Iowa would be the best opponent to date and they are bad this year. If we beat Michigan the next week we should be ranked at 6-0.

I will disagree with anyone who says that, Ski U. SJSU was a good team, we kept them off the field with our power game that dominated the line of scrimmage. And we beat them badly.

Boise State is a perfect example of this.

In recent years Boise has beaten Washington, Arizona State, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Oregon State (x3), Oregon (x2), TCU, and Oklahoma. They have 2 BCS Bowl wins.

How is Michigan still in the top 25???? Maybe they'll get it together and be a great team by the end of the year, but they haven't done much to earn a top 25 ranking so far.

Ummm, have you SEEN their sweet helmets?!

They soundly beat Notre Dame and are still undefeated.

Top Bottom