Gophers football to replace running back Bryce Williams with creativity | MN Daily

Not really sure what they mean by creativity, I guess that could be there way of talking about moving guys to the RB position to get reps.

Pretty cookie cutter stuff though without any real new insight into who the options are going to be beyond Irving, Thomas, LeCaptain, and Moore. Few names have already been discussed in the other thread in guys like the Dino K and the younger Nubin.

I say ride with LeCaptain until he proves he's not a viable option. 5,199 yds in HS and success in limited action in Evanston, roll with it.

Umm, the picture the daily posted (and said is Bryce) is of Kamal Martin returning an INT. Come on kids... :rolleyes:

Edit: I sent them a note so hopefully they change it. Bryce hardly played in 2019 and not at all in the Purdue game - not sure why they needed to reach that far back for a picture of him...

Last edited:

Pretty cookie cutter stuff though without any real new insight into who the options are going to be beyond Irving, Thomas, LeCaptain, and Moore. Few names have already been discussed in the other thread in guys like the Dino K and the younger Nubin.
For regular readers of Gopherhole, you might be correct. But this is an article in The Daily, so it is probably "news" to them.

Umm, the picture the daily posted (and said is Bryce) is of Kamal Martin returning an INT. Come on kids... :rolleyes:
Kamal does look like he has good running form though. Can the Gophers work something out with the Carolina Panthers? Of course he is trying to break a tackle against offensive linemen with knee braces on, so it could be deceptive.

FWIW, 2 picks that game vs Purdue, 14 yds in return yardage.

I mean, what could go wrong with Sanford at the helm?
😱! If creativity means not being too cute and shooting yourself in the foot, okay. :unsure:

Rope-a-dope doesn't always work. It only takes one knockout punch for lights out. Illinois is an opportunistic team. You get too cute on them, and ... 🤯🤕

Last edited:

LOL...I've been skeptical as well, but I'll give credit where it's due for the past 4 weeks. I also thought his gameplan for OSU was strong. The offense has really diversified the past few weeks and shown some wrinkles. I'm confident they'll continue opening up if/when needed to win.

Edit: I sent them a note so hopefully they change it. Bryce hardly played in 2019 and not at all in the Purdue game - not sure why they needed to reach that far back for a picture of him...
@TonyLiebert

I'll take him over the Vikings offensive coordinator. For that matter, defense as well. Shit, I'll take all the Gopher Coaches over them with the exception of Patterson perhaps.

Gophers can't respond with any initiative if the game plan doesn't work. Second half, Miami of Ohio; all game, Bowling Green, Illinois. They don't have a reliable passing game.

Boy, they sure got creative. They had no game plan that work or answers to counter the Illini penetrating defense. The Gopher made them All World.

Sanford Jr should not be allowed anywhere near our QBs. That is the kiss of death.

Top Bottom