Gophers football getting outspent as coordinators head elsewhere

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Greder:

“There is no doubt that we have to continue to grow our salary pools for all of our coaches, not only football, but for all our sports because that is a big part of it,” Coyle said in an interview. “We’ve got to do that because that continuity is so important.”

Go Gophers!!

Per Greder:

“There is no doubt that we have to continue to grow our salary pools for all of our coaches, not only football, but for all our sports because that is a big part of it,” Coyle said in an interview. “We’ve got to do that because that continuity is so important.”

Go Gophers!!
If the salary reports are true, we could have matched both Kirk’s and Joe’s salary. However, with Kirk leaving once already, it was clear he wanted to move on. I haven’t heard the real reason Joe moved on, or whether after a down year PJ wanted to really keep him. Rossi was due an end of year raise, so we could have easily matched the speculated $300k raise he got from MSU.

If a school like MN gets a reputation for "They don't pay their coaches very well," that is a big detriment to brining in quality assistants.

if I was Coyle, I'd knock $1-million off of Fleck's salary and redistribute it to the other coaches. PJ can get by fine on $5-million a year.

If a school like MN gets a reputation for "They don't pay their coaches very well," that is a big detriment to brining in quality assistants.

if I was Coyle, I'd knock $1-million off of Fleck's salary and redistribute it to the other coaches. PJ can get by fine on $5-million a year.
And if I'm Fleck, I'm just fine with that.

So we are whining about not having enough money to pay assistant coaches but we banked a $million dollars or whatever the number for that purpose.
We get a wheel barrow full of money from Big Ten TV money. We really do need a new AD.
He has so many assistant AD's types we could hire Saban if we eliminated half of them.

Top Bottom