Gophers Favored by 2 over Texas-Arlington

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Line opened at 3 and now 2. So almost a pick-em game. UTA is very tough and opened with a 89-82 over Texas Southern, another really good team. We will have our hands full and will be fortunate to get out with a win.

zero casual fans will know this and will crucify pitino if we lose. better hope the guys are ready to play

I was just looking at the box score from UT Arlington and Texas Southern. Saw that Zach Lofton had 35 points for Southern. I completely forgot he landed somewhere else.

I would not consider Texas Southern a good team. But definitely should be a fun game! I'm excited for it!

Wow didn't realize how good of a game this is going to be. I hope we have our A game we need this win.

I would not consider Texas Southern a good team. But definitely should be a fun game! I'm excited for it!

Not sure what your definition of good is, but Texas Southern is picked to win the SWAC again. I would venture to guess it would be a pick em game against the Gophers on a neutral site.

Minnesota and UT-Arlington are currently #69 and #71 in kenpom.

Not sure what your definition of good is, but Texas Southern is picked to win the SWAC again. I would venture to guess it would be a pick em game against the Gophers on a neutral site.

They went 1-11 in their non-conference last year and are rated at #222 in Kenpom. They aren't one of the worst teams in the country (like the rest of their conference) but a B1G squad should not have any trouble with them, including Rutgers. They're worse than UL-Lafayette so I would put the game at -10 in favor of the gophers at the worst.

Yeah, the SWAC is a trash conference. They consistently are at or near the bottom of conference RPI.

The SWAC is wack,but did you see that noncon,Louisville,Arizona,Baylor,LSU,all on the road.Well the the whole noncon played on the road.
Texas Arlington looked like their best player my have reinjured a knee problem,dunking after the buzzer....We should win this one.

From an earlier post:
Texas-Arlington is tough. They return pretty much everyone from a 24 win team. Almost 5 guys in double figures--4 guards and Hervey. Excellent size, all upper classmen. They made 10 3's per game but don't shoot a high percentage. No shot blockers.

There best player, Kevin Hervey 6-9 230 JR, averaged 18pts, 10 reb, 3 ass, and shot 32% from 3 and made 1 a game as a sophmore. Not sure who we would have guard him?

From an earlier post:
Texas-Arlington is tough. They return pretty much everyone from a 24 win team. Almost 5 guys in double figures--4 guards and Hervey. Excellent size, all upper classmen. They made 10 3's per game but don't shoot a high percentage. No shot blockers.

There best player, Kevin Hervey 6-9 230 JR, averaged 18pts, 10 reb, 3 ass, and shot 32% from 3 and made 1 a game as a sophmore. Not sure who we would have guard him?

3 ass per night? Impressive.

Kind of off topic but looking to buy tickets for tonight's game. Does anyone know the layout of section as far as seating go in the main lower level seats (115,116,117,105,106,107). What row are the seats chairback and not bench? Looking at a couple seats that are very close and from my memory I think it's around row 23-24 when they are bench? Thanks

I understand that. But does around row 24 or so it becomes bench seating instead of chairback? I prefer chairback and just wonder what row is the cut off for bench and chairback seating. Especially section 115-117 and 105-107section

zero casual fans will know this and will crucify pitino if we lose. better hope the guys are ready to play

Losing this game at home in Pitino's 4th year would be a bad loss.

Kind of off topic but looking to buy tickets for tonight's game. Does anyone know the layout of section as far as seating go in the main lower level seats (115,116,117,105,106,107). What row are the seats chairback and not bench? Looking at a couple seats that are very close and from my memory I think it's around row 23-24 when they are bench? Thanks
Row 23 seems to be the last row of chair backs

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/mapSelect.asp

I understand that. But does around row 24 or so it becomes bench seating instead of chairback? I prefer chairback and just wonder what row is the cut off for bench and chairback seating. Especially section 115-117 and 105-107section

I hate to give away my secrets but you can tell by the zone it is in:

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/mapSelect.asp

Row 24 for most sections, have to look at each section.

Losing this game at home in Pitino's 4th year would be a bad loss.

I guess you could say that, but it's no worse than losing to Nebraska or Penn State. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I wouldn't give up on the season either.

By all reports this will not be an easy game for the Gophers. There are lots of really good mid-majors out there. I'm glad Pitino had the cojones to schedule UTA.

That said, if Gophers even want a sniff at an at-large bid, they need to protect their home court. This is a game they can't afford to lose. Ditto for Saint John's and Arkansas. The climb to the middle of the B1G starts by beating similar-ilk teams on your home court (road, too).

Top Bottom