Gophers dominance over Nebraska: 37-25 overall, 7-3 in last 10, 4 in a row

Love that the Huskers came into the Big Ten. It's been fun to have a team to push around.

Go Gophers!!
For old timers it won’t feel like real dominance until we hang an 83-0 on them.

For old timers it won’t feel like real dominance until we hang an 83-0 on them.
I think it was actually more embarrassing when they lost 54-21 to the Gophers in 2017 and made Demry Croft the national offensive player of the week.

That 1983 Nebraska team was #1 in the nation, had the Heisman winner (Mike Rozier), and were called "The Scoring Explosion". The Gophers were shut out in their next two games and Croft lit a door on fire and transferred to be the backup at Tennessee State.

They have the most delusional and entitled fan base in the BIG so beating them is so sweet
This made me think...Is that cornhole video guy still around? He was a lot of fun to watch when the Golden Gophers beat his Red sunburned cornhuskers...

The Billds think a 48-7 Gophers' victory would be just fine. That was the score of our first Minnesota football game in 1989 unfortunately against Nebraska. Wasn't sure what we witnessed was actually two D1 teams playing football.

Fortunately times have changed.

If there was any benefit it would be Mrs. Billd dislikes Nebbie very much after that day. Their entry into the B1G has provided great joy now on several occasions.

Love this. Like that we’ve started to balance things out with WI.

But for the love of god, please turn the other one around. I’m sorry, but I think PJ just absolutely puckers in games against that team

Love this. Like that we’ve started to balance things out with WI.

But for the love of god, please turn the other one around. I’m sorry, but I think PJ just absolutely puckers in games against that team
PJ didn’t miss a 34 yard field goal, fumble in scoring range, or throw an interception last year against Iowa. I’ll take a coach putting us in that position any day and take my chances.

I'd take an Iowa win over a Nebraska win, this year.

As the OP says every year: it's time.

Tom Hauser was on WCCO 830 yesterday morning and it was nice to hear someone with awareness that Gophs have righted that ship under Kill and PJ.

Perception vs reality in Big Ten, especially in this market, is often widely divergent.

Following histories would surprise many:

Gophers vs Penn State from 1999 on: 6-6

Michigan vs Iowa last 20 years: 7 -7.

Michigan vs WI since 2005: 5-7

Purdue vs OSU going back to 2004: 4-6

Purdue vs Iowa in Brohm era was 4-2.

Northwestern is 8-9 vs Bucky from 2000 on.

Northwestern has won 4 of last 7 vs Iowa.

Gophs have changed perception of how they stack up with WI and NE...need to do same with Iowa and Michigan.

I know a lot of Huskers fans, they have been humbled the last 10 years. But they still wear husker stuff every chance they get.

I know a lot of Huskers fans, they have been humbled the last 10 years. But they still wear husker stuff every chance they get.
Well yeah I still wore my gopher stuff in 2007, 2010, 2011, etc. hard to hold that against them.

Well yeah I still wore my gopher stuff in 2007, 2010, 2011, etc. hard to hold that against them.
As did I, and sometimes it was tough to do, but still kept it.

Not to get into anything negative about Nebbie fans and their attire (although it is fun to make fun of anything nerdbraska). I do admire the support, because of the garbage we had to go through for extended times and many of us never quit. We're being rewarded now.

PJ didn’t miss a 34 yard field goal, fumble in scoring range, or throw an interception last year against Iowa. I’ll take a coach putting us in that position any day and take my chances.
That cuts both ways. I give PJ credit for beating Wisconsin even though he didn't complete a pass, score a touchdown, or kick a field goal.

NE is currently a school of choice for many many western suburb kids

NE is currently a school of choice for many many western suburb kids
Is there reciprocity with Nebraska? Otherwise, why would a lot of families be spending out of state tuition to attend Nebraska?

Tom Hauser was on WCCO 830 yesterday morning and it was nice to hear someone with awareness that Gophs have righted that ship under Kill and PJ.

Perception vs reality in Big Ten, especially in this market, is often widely divergent.

Following histories would surprise many:

Gophers vs Penn State from 1999 on: 6-6

Michigan vs Iowa last 20 years: 7 -7.

Michigan vs WI since 2005: 5-7

Purdue vs OSU going back to 2004: 4-6

Purdue vs Iowa in Brohm era was 4-2.

Northwestern is 8-9 vs Bucky from 2000 on.

Northwestern has won 4 of last 7 vs Iowa.

Gophs have changed perception of how they stack up with WI and NE...need to do same with Iowa and Michigan.

I knew Northwestern was somewhere around .500 against Wisconsin and Iowa since the turn of the century. Ryan Field has been a bit of a house of horrors for Wisconsin in particular. From 2003 to 2020, Wisconsin went 1-6 in Evanston, which is weird given how strong Wisconsin was for most of that time. Wisconsin is 2-6 against Northwestern in Evanston this century. By comparison, Minnesota is 5-5.

Is there reciprocity with Nebraska? Otherwise, why would a lot of families be spending out of state tuition to attend Nebraska?
There is not reciprocity and I have no idea what Spaulding is talking about. I am in the western suburbs and have kids in college and high school and haven't heard of a single kid going to Nebraska.

Top Bottom