Gophers commit Isaac Asuma Top 10 PG in the country.

I wonder how long until he leaves for big NIL.

PG is a tougher position for new players. The PG supports everyone else. You have to see the game. So just when he gets good...

Big NIL.

Nice player for the Gophers while they have him.

I wonder how long until he leaves for big NIL.

PG is a tougher position for new players. The PG supports everyone else. You have to see the game. So just when he gets good...

Big NIL.

Nice player for the Gophers while they have him.

Celebrating a future loss 🤦‍♂️

IMG_4479.jpeg

so they don’t have 5 star pg’s? Is this a weak PG class? Not a dog at Asuma, just surprised the top end of the list isn’t 5 star
There's only 18 five star guys overall. For comparison, last year there were three 5 star PGs. So maybe a little down at the top. There are also guys that can be labeled as a combo guard so might be more of those guys this year instead of just straight PGs.

Listed at 6-3 190, important with Mitchell as an undersized 2, Assuma may guard the bigger guard.

No 5* pg so weak at the top. FYI 247 list PG, SG, and CG-combo guard, so there are 30 total guards with those lists. Freitag was 12th PG. I figured he’d be a CG as he looks to score more than most PG’s do.

looking at the list, one thing I notice is that a lot of these players are coming out of academies, prep schools, or big-time nationally-recognized programs. and then you have Asuma from "Cherry Secondary."

it's like the old Elementary school bit - "one of these things does not belong with the other things."

that is NOT a knock on Asuma. My point is that it says something about how he is perceived if a kid from a tiny school in Northern MN can be considered one of the top players in the country in his grade level and position.

I have said that I think it will take him some time to adjust to playing against stronger competition night-in and night-out. but at the very least, other people who evaluate players full-time feel there is potential there.

Top Bottom