Gophers coaches P.J. Fleck, Richard Pitino worry about athletes’ mental heath during pandemic

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

“They are crying on the phone,” Fleck said Monday for his KFAN radio show. “They have no idea how they got it.” Fleck summed up their reactions like this: “Coach, I’ve done everything right, I’ve done everything I’ve been asked to do. I have no idea how I got this and now I’ve got to sit out 21 days. I’ve worked so hard for what is going on.”

Go Gophers!!

Nice to see head coaches talking about their players mental health.

Right or wrong I suspect a lot of these guy's are only at school... to play ball.

This has to be rough for them.

The stigma of getting the virus is an issue. People are going to get it even doing all the right things. Heard about HS kids getting threatened if they got it. That's just wrong.

For the college players, 3 weeks of missing games should not be the focus. Focus on school, focus on knowing that eligibility doesn't get lost this year, focus on being safe. Plan for a bright future.

The stigma of getting the virus is an issue. People are going to get it even doing all the right things. Heard about HS kids getting threatened if they got it. That's just wrong.

For the college players, 3 weeks of missing games should not be the focus. Focus on school, focus on knowing that eligibility doesn't get lost this year, focus on being safe. Plan for a bright future.
Your first paragraph is spot on and why sports should be canceled when school shifts online.
IMO

Top Bottom