Gophers Coaches on the Road (Recruiting)

grunkiejr

Mentor to 007
Reaction score
Many of the Gophers coaches are on the road recruiting this week.

As has been mentioned Ronnie Lee was in Detoit to meet with Gainer & Watkins. Both are visiting Indiana this weekend and likely making their decision some time next week (hopefully Sunday). Even though they both have soft verbal commitments to Indiana right now, both players have indicated that Minnesota is in the lead for their services.

Tim Davis went down and met with Lewan and made a very positive impression on the young Tackle. I think he commits to us but the timing is undefined (likely January) and he still has visits to Michigan and Oregon to make.

I also came across an interesting article (link below) on ESPN today. Brewster was in Aiken, SC Monday before driving to Atlanta to recruit Tuesday. From there he is in Dallas for two days of recruiting.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigten/0-2-824/Out-of-the-spotlight--Big-Ten-tries-to-stay-busy.html

It got me thinking. I'm not aware of any targets from SC and I've never heard of Aiken, SC. So naturally in my unemployed and bored state I decided to look up prospects from the area. Assuming the target is a 2009 recruit the only prospect I found from Aiken is a 6'6" 295 lbs Tackle named JerQuari Schofield that has given a verbal commitment to Tennessee. Rivals rates him 3 stars and does not indicate that Minnesota has any interest in him.

Has anybody heard of this guy? Anybody else in South Carolina that we may be interested in?

Taikwon Paige

I figured this out. Taikwon Paige's home town is Aiken, SC. He was probably meeting with his parents to make them more comfortable with Minnesota.

Top Bottom