Gophers coach Fleck has an axe, now he wants a pig

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Guy:

“When I first got here, people told me ‘If you just beat Wisconsin, you get a lifetime contract,’ ” Fleck said. “Well, I haven’t got a lifetime contract here and we’ve beaten Wisconsin twice. Now everybody wants us to beat Iowa.”

Ah yes, Iowa. The winner of the Minnesota and Iowa rivalry receives the Floyd of Rosedale traveling trophy, a large and heavy iron pig.

Iowa has won the last seven meetings against Minnesota. In Fleck’s tenure at Minnesota, the Gophers have suffered three one-possession losses against Iowa and are 0-5.

“It’s been really difficult to get over that hurdle,” Fleck said. “I know our players want that one really bad. But we’ll worry about that once it comes.”

Go Gophers!!

PJ getting the Pig is like me finding a good pork shoulder or ... pork anything to make good pulled pork with at home. All the ingredients are there... just hasn't happened yet.

PJ getting the Pig is like me finding a good pork shoulder or ... pork anything to make good pulled pork with at home. All the ingredients are there... just hasn't happened yet.
I love anything from the heavenly pink critters. The docs told me to stay away from bacon and booze.

How unfair!

Beating Iowa is a must this season.

Pretty damn simple - if the Gophers want to win the West, they need to beat Iowa. Trophies and rivalries are great, but the ultimate goal is to win the West and have a shot at winning a conference title.

per Guy:

“When I first got here, people told me ‘If you just beat Wisconsin, you get a lifetime contract,’ ” Fleck said. “Well, I haven’t got a lifetime contract here and we’ve beaten Wisconsin twice. Now everybody wants us to beat Iowa.”

Ah yes, Iowa. The winner of the Minnesota and Iowa rivalry receives the Floyd of Rosedale traveling trophy, a large and heavy iron pig.

Iowa has won the last seven meetings against Minnesota. In Fleck’s tenure at Minnesota, the Gophers have suffered three one-possession losses against Iowa and are 0-5.

“It’s been really difficult to get over that hurdle,” Fleck said. “I know our players want that one really bad. But we’ll worry about that once it comes.”

Go Gophers!!
Yea PJ Fleck, let’s beat Iowa!

Pretty damn simple - if the Gophers want to win the West, they need to beat Iowa. Trophies and rivalries are great, but the ultimate goal is to win the West and have a shot at winning a conference title.
The road to Indy is a lot easier if we beat WI and Iowa. No doubt about that.

Not necessarily. I can’t imagine Iowa’s offense wakes up from its long dormancy and they won’t be +9788961 in turnover margin again. They draw OSU and Michigan. Iowa will have some losses.

Win the pig and keep the axe. 11-1. Coyle will back up the Brinks truck. Get it done Fleck.
If the team is going to beat Iowa and wisconsin than they may as well go 12-0

Because Michigan state, Penn state, and Purdue are going to be no better than those two

Not necessarily. I can’t imagine Iowa’s offense wakes up from its long dormancy and they won’t be +9788961 in turnover margin again. They draw OSU and Michigan. Iowa will have some losses.
You missed one. The Hogs were +9788962 in turnover margin. Not likely to be repeated, especially after being -2 at the Bank November 19, 2022.

If the team is going to beat Iowa and wisconsin than they may as well go 12-0

Because Michigan state, Penn state, and Purdue are going to be no better than those two
Are you from Minnesota? Gophs will arbitrarily drop a game, that how it works here with sports. My guess in that scenario is either PSU or MSU, but could be a really unexpected one to.

Top Bottom