Gophers break the bell!!!

Found this on www.reddit.com/r/cfb (really a great site to visit):

Just got some inside info on this whole thing. My dad is on the chain crew and was out there before the game. There was a security guard guy guarding the trophy in case someone came along and did something to it. It was only the security guard, and the chain crew on the field and they were talking about how ****ty the trophy was. The trophy was sitting on the very edge of a table and all of a sudden a gust of wind came in and knocked it off the table, nearly breaking it in half. The security guy stuck it back together the best he could and played it off by saying "it was just a scratch". So when the gophers came over to take it they were taking an already broken trophy.

lol now that i look at it, it does look like it was already broken and just put back into place. Doesn't matter, I'm sure the U of M will fix it, if not make it better.

We'll put our best people on this. We can make it better than before - better, stronger, faster...

Strange, I have a retired Steam Engine Bell mounted on a pipe. Its cast Iron and weighs 60 to 70 pounds. It is fully functional. I also have an antique school bell, again fully functional. This is not a bell, its some ones art project.

Now that it's broke, can we just stop playing for the stupid thing?? (and just leave it in our trophy case lol :p )

The new trophy...

Pedo_Bear_Plush_by_ChibiLyz.jpg

Top Bottom