Gophers beat Robert Morris 7-3!!

Stan

Reaction score
Pretty dominating game. We scored in bunches tonight, though the rest of the game was pretty dull. The crowd was very quiet, but should be more spirited tomorrow regardless of who we play. On to the West Regional Final!

Pretty dominating game. We scored in bunches tonight, though the rest of the game was pretty dull. The crowd was very quiet, but should be more spirited tomorrow regardless of who we play. On to the West Regional Final!

I've been hard on the guys regarding their recent body language on the ice during games, but I have to say they were pretty good for the most part today. A couple of defensive brainfarts, including a rare one by Wilcox on Robert Morris' third goal. But there were plenty of extended periods tonight when the Colonials appeared to be hanging on for dear life. Shout out Robert Morris' goal tender, he did everything he could to keep his team close, especially in the second period when it was like a shooting gallery in the Colonials end.

Would have liked to have seen the Gophers put this one away a little sooner, but honestly never really thought they were ever in any trouble tonight. They did what they needed to and took care of business. Hopefully the guys can carry some of that over into tomorrow night against either the Huskies or Irish.

The last 5 minutes of the first period were about as dominant as one team can be. Some bad mistakes throughout the game but, overall, can't complain.

The last 5 minutes of the first period were about as dominant as one team can be. Some bad mistakes throughout the game but, overall, can't complain.

Nice win versus a gritty RMU team. The Gophers dominated at points throughout the game, though I thought RMU outplayed the Gophers over the games first ~10-12 minutes or so.

Have to admit getting slightly nervous when RMU pulled within 5-3, and then the Gophers got a penalty with less than 4 minutes left. Good to see the Gophers stand their ground and not melt under the pressure.

P.S. One would think Gopherhole could get more than a handful of posts about a victory within half a day of an NCAA tournament victory.

Nice win versus a gritty RMU team. The Gophers dominated at points throughout the game, though I thought RMU outplayed the Gophers over the games first ~10-12 minutes or so.

Have to admit getting slightly nervous when RMU pulled within 5-3, and then the Gophers got a penalty with less than 4 minutes left. Good to see the Gophers stand their ground and not melt under the pressure.

P.S. One would think Gopherhole could get more than a handful of posts about a victory within half a day of an NCAA tournament victory.

Gopherpucklive.com is where a lot of hockey fans go.

Can anybody find highlights anywhere?

Strange, usually the Gopher Sports YouTube page has a highlight video the day after. Not sure why they don't have one up for this game. I can't find a thing.

Strange, usually the Gopher Sports YouTube page has a highlight video the day after. Not sure why they don't have one up for this game. I can't find a thing.

There were 10 goals scored, the highlight reel is just the game replay.

Top Bottom