Gophers basketball adds two walk-ons to 2024-25 roster

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per MSN:

The Minnesota Gophers recently began summer workouts for the 2024-25 season and University of Minnesota-Duluth graduate transfer Lincoln Meister and St. Monica High School guard Max Sheridan were two new faces on the team.

Lincoln Meister, forward

Meister is joining the Gophers for one final season of college basketball. Listed 6-foot-9, he played four seasons at Division II Minnesota-Duluth. Last year was his most productive season, averaging 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds in 33 games off the bench.

As a native of Rochester, Minn., he averaged 22.1 points and 6.8 rebounds per game as a senior at Rochester John Marshall High School.

Max Sheridan, guard

Hailing from St. Monica High School in California, Sheridan committed to the Gophers in April 2023, but he is finally on campus working with the team. Listed at 6-foot-1, he will have four seasons of college eligibility remaining.

Go Gophers!!

"Sheridan committed to the Gophers in April 2023", I know walk-ons aren't as high profile but this either was not announced or I totally missed it. Go Gophers!

"Sheridan committed to the Gophers in April 2023", I know walk-ons aren't as high profile but this either was not announced or I totally missed it. Go Gophers!
Maybe he commited as a Student Manager.

I watched him play in a half court scrimmage with the team last year. He's a pretty good player.
He has very good offensive skills, but he badly needs weight room strength to prevent being bullied by stronger offensive players. But he is young, dedicated and has the time to develop.

I watched him play in a half court scrimmage with the team last year. He's a pretty good player.

Good to hear.

I know very little about Meister but given his size and maturity level, he actually may get some non-garbage time minutes depending upon how good Groves is as a freshman.

I would think unlikely these guys see the floor against non-Gophers except in the last 30 seconds of a blowout.

Top Bottom