Gophers back in the top 30 in recruiting.

WolfontheProwl

Reaction score
Though the team could have taken a giant step up the recruiting rankings yesterday they still made a nice jump after picking up Paige. Gophers are now back in the top 30 in recruiting with I guess 4 schollies to fill. With some luck maybe the Gophers can sneak back into the top 25. NO doubt Carter and McNeal could have done that but now we will see what Brewster can do the final weeks of the recruiting process.

Though the team could have taken a giant step up the recruiting rankings yesterday they still made a nice jump after picking up Paige. Gophers are now back in the top 30 in recruiting with I guess 4 schollies to fill. With some luck maybe the Gophers can sneak back into the top 25. NO doubt Carter and McNeal could have done that but now we will see what Brewster can do the final weeks of the recruiting process.

They never had a chance with McNeal. He always said that he did not want to stay in Minnesota.

I know.

I realise McNeal wasn't coming to the U and if you would go back and read other posts I have made on the subject I have said the same thing. That being said he is a Minnesota kid and clearly would have been our highest rated recruit which would have improved our recruiting class even more which is the point of this thread.

I realise McNeal wasn't coming to the U and if you would go back and read other posts I have made on the subject I have said the same thing. That being said he is a Minnesota kid and clearly would have been our highest rated recruit which would have improved our recruiting class even more which is the point of this thread.

Well by that logic if Richardson would have committed (he visited) we would be even better than if we got McNeal. :D

so who are the remaining players on the board who we might get?

Not a clue.

There are good 3* guys that we have a shot at but as far as the 4* guys I am not really sure who we have a legit shot at. I see some 4* WRs like Difton we are supposedly still in on but I am not sure how many WRs we really need. It would be nice to grab some solid guys at either D-line, O-line, RB, Secondary, or even kicker.

WR **** Dwayne Difton (medium interest - no OV, high on BC)

DT *** Nosa Eguae (soft verbal to Colorado, but now undecided, likes us)

DE *** Delano Johnson (JC - medium interest)
DE ** Roy Philon (medium interest)

CB *** Daryl Robinson (only interested in U, but may have been a plan-b?)
CB *** Nat Berhe (medium interest)
CB ** Turmour Battle (wants to be a Gopher, but probably out after Paige committed)
CB ** Taj Johnson (wants to be a Gopher, but considering quitting football)

WR **** Dwayne Difton (medium interest - no OV, high on BC)

DT *** Nosa Eguae (soft verbal to Colorado, but now undecided, likes us)

DE *** Delano Johnson (JC - medium interest)
DE ** Roy Philon (medium interest)

CB *** Daryl Robinson (only interested in U, but may have been a plan-b?)
CB *** Nat Berhe (medium interest)
CB ** Turmour Battle (wants to be a Gopher, but probably out after Paige committed)
CB ** Taj Johnson (wants to be a Gopher, but considering quitting football)

I dont think Robinson was a plan-b he quit football to get his head beat down in boxing. Delano never came on his visit that was scheduled with Leon.

It would be nice if we could land Eguae.

Unless Difton is a down-the-field guy, I think we are set at WR.

Top Bottom