Gophers aren't the only program with transfer issues

Weisbrod

Banned
Reaction score
Look at Billy D's class from 2008. Four, yes FOUR, highly-touted players transfered from that class alone. It's crazy...

Elroy Jones (4*)-Transfered to Kentucky
Allan Chaney (4*)-Transfered to Va. Tech
Kenny Kadji (4*)-Transfered to Miami (Fla.)
Ray Shipman (4*)-Transfered to UCF to play football

To be fair, the Gators have done a decent job of sniping talent from other programs too, snatching Macklin from G-Town and Rosario (McDonald's A-A) from Rutgers.

They did miss on Colton Iverson though. ;)

Look at Billy D's class from 2008. Four, yes FOUR, highly-touted players transfered from that class alone. It's crazy...

Transfers happen a ton in college basketball.. Florida has had more than their fair share, but I don't know that you can call any of the above 'transfer issues'..

Elroy Jones.. I am assuming you mean Eloy Vargas. Sort of close?!... he transfered [sic] to Kentucky... eventually. Dude had academic issues and wasn't going to play D1 basketball. Went to Miami-Dade for a year.

Chaney - played less than 10 mpg. Dealt with injuries and suspensions.. wasn't even traveling with the team near the end of the year...

Kadji - Freshman year had troubles because of poor health (i.e., a tub)/conditioning. Sophomore year had back surgery and it was clear with the logjam at his position(s) that the kid wasn't going to be able to do anything at Florida.

Shipman - Did nothing at Florida and when he left, couldn't find people that liked his bball skills.. doesn't even play the sport anymore.

To be fair, the Gators have done a decent job of sniping talent from other programs too, snatching Macklin from G-Town and Rosario (McDonald's A-A) from Rutgers.

They did miss on Colton Iverson though. ;)

They must have left because Billy D yelled at them ...

The difference is that the Florida program can lose the blue chippers and still make the Sweet 16. Tubby could not reload with any real talent after the
loss of Cobbs,Devoe, Nolen, williams, and Royce White...........

The difference is that the Florida program can lose the blue chippers and still make the Sweet 16. Tubby could not reload with any real talent after the
loss of Cobbs,Devoe, Nolen, williams, and Royce White...........

Yes and no. The last 3 years UF has missed the tournament twice and lost in the 1st round. It took until this year to rebuild partially because of all of these transfers. In addition to those noted, Jai Lucas (who considered MN) transferred to Texas and I believe Calethes went to Europe a year early. Billy has had his share of issues both before and after the '04s' that won the titles.

thanks....I hope the new recruits coming our way can get us back next year.........

Top Bottom