Gophers are currently two point favorites against North Carolina in their season opener.

I might take that… this season is gonna be such a wild card. I could see this game being tight or a blowout in either direction

What's so special about the comment? The people who do early projections of conference standings are not the same people who set early betting lines.
We are two point favorites vs North Carolina but slated for a 15th place finish in the conference?

About a week ago an article said that the Gophers were hit hard in the transfer portal, more pessimism. Is that accurate?

Is the 15th place finish an accurate prediction from another inaccurate article?

In contrast, the betting market is closer to accurate. The betting market is more like the stock market.

About a week ago an article said that the Gophers were hit hard in the transfer portal, more pessimism. Is that accurate?

Is the 15th place finish an accurate prediction from another inaccurate article?

In contrast, the betting market is closer to accurate. The betting market is more like the stock market.
What is the betting market for total gopher wins?

That is an outstanding question. You make a great point. If the betting market is closer to accurate.

I think it is 5.5 games.
So the betting market is saying potentially 3-0 non conference and 2.5 b10 wins, which could be near the bottom of the conference.

So the betting market is saying potentially 3-0 non conference and 2.5 b10 wins, which could be near the bottom of the conference.

Being favored against UNC suggests Gophers are better than 5.5.

Right there it's 6 at the least.

Or UNC has slumped. Would UNC lose to a 5.5 wins Gophers team?

I don’t follow? Gophers are probably going to be favored in 5 or 6 games this year.
NC
2 other non conference games
And maybe 2 others. How many games do you think they will be favored in?
Not Michigan, USC,PSU,Wisconsin for sure
Other home games are Iowa and Maryland, they could be favored in those two it should be close
At UCLA, Rutgers, and Illinois? Maybe favored in 1-2 of those but probably close as well.
If home field is worth 3-4 points in college MN is a slight underdog to NC on a neutral field, and a 5-6 point dog on the road.

We are two point favorites vs North Carolina but slated for a 15th place finish in the conference?

Answer: North Carolina has slipped -- more than I thought.

I follow your logic. I understand. But North Carolina is not as good as we thought.

Last season, North Carolina was the #17 team (AP poll) in weeks 2 and 9. Then they fell out of the AP Top 25 and even to no votes by year end.

So yea I probably didn't realize UNC had slipped that far.

I do get what you wrote.

Unlike another person who could have explained they slipped more than I thought but instead said, "I don't follow you.'

Some of us, me, consider UNC a red chip team that finds a way to get back to the top 25.

The coach of UNC won the national championship at Texas. But some people can't grasp that.

Answer: North Carolina has slipped -- more than I thought.

I follow your logic. I understand. But North Carolina is not as good as we thought.

Last season, North Carolina was the #17 team (AP poll) in weeks 2 and 9. Then they fell out of the AP Top 25 and even to no votes by year end.

So yea I probably didn't realize UNC had slipped that far.

I do get what you wrote.

Unlike another person who could have explained they slipped more than I thought but instead said, "I don't follow you.'

Some of us, me, consider UNC a red chip team that finds a way to get back to the top 25.

The coach of UNC won the national championship at Texas. But some people can't grasp that.

Just curious, were you meaning to reply to me here? When I read it, it sounds that way, but you quoted someone else.

North Carolina will be one of our weaker opponents.

North Carolina will be one of our weaker opponents.
Well, I'd put North Carolina in the middle. Nevada, Rhode Island, Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland and UCLA are arguably on paper weaker in the month of June.
Like always, beat Iowa and Wisconsin and we ain't 15th.

Well, I'd put North Carolina in the middle. Nevada, Rhode Island, Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland and UCLA are arguably on paper weaker in the month of June.
Like always, beat Iowa and Wisconsin and we ain't 15th.
true, but Nevada and Rhode Island don't count for conference.

? They're replacing Drake Maye. The new guy's first game is on the road against a B1G opponent.

Top Bottom