Gophers 63rd best team in the nation per The Athletic Rankings.

That may be accurate on the season as a whole but I really like the way the season is progressing. Offense has been playing offensively vs. defensively.

How different would the season feel if we make 1 of the 2 field goals vs. North Carolina? 3-0 sounds a lot better than 2-1.

you can probably take all the teams ranked from 40-65, throw them in a hat, and the odds are that any one of those teams could beat any of the other teams.

after the top 25, rankings become pretty arbitrary in my book.

If you put the Gophers in a G5 (soon to be G6) conference, they would look really good by comparison. If you put the best G5 teams in the B1G or SEC, they would get their clocks cleaned.

you can probably take all the teams ranked from 40-65, throw them in a hat, and the odds are that any one of those teams could beat any of the other teams.

If you put the Gophers in a G5 (soon to be G6) conference, they would look really good by comparison. If you put the best G5 teams in the B1G or SEC, they would get their clocks cleaned.
I would argue even higher than 25
Notre dame rated 17 and lost to northern Illinois team that probably 15 teams in the big ten would beat 50% of the time.
LSU is 16 and is a bad call away from being 1-2
Their one win they were trailing to FCS school at half I think

That may be accurate on the season as a whole but I really like the way the season is progressing. Offense has been playing offensively vs. defensively.

How different would the season feel if we make 1 of the 2 field goals vs. North Carolina? 3-0 sounds a lot better than 2-1.
I think we are on track to, barring injuries, continue to get better and be competitive every week.

UNLV # 31. That won;t last long; https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...rgia-for-no-1-spot-in-updated-cbs-sports-134/

Are we sure the The Athletic didn't give this to an intern for busy work/misc content.
I think you’re right. Minnesota came into the New Hampshire game at 63. Their 40-0 shutout over an FCS opponent resulted in them moving back to 65 and they just moved back up to 63 after shutting out G5 team Nevada this week.

Michigan State, on the other hand, moves up from 64 to 54 after shutting out a bad FCS team this week.

I think you’re right. Minnesota came into the New Hampshire game at 63. Their 40-0 shutout over an FCS opponent resulted in them moving back to 65 and they just moved back up to 63 after shutting out G5 team Nevada this week.

Michigan State, on the other hand, moves up from 64 to 54 after shutting out a bad FCS team this week.
Minnesota didn’t play New Hampshire or win a game 40-0

Being ranked #63 is embarrassing this deep into Fleck's tenure. My expectation is for Minnesota to crack the top 25 but AT A MINIMUM be in the 'other receiving votes' list. Per this latest ranking, we lost to the #37 team and beat the #90 team - Rhode Island does not even get ranked as FCS.

In the current AP Top 25, we have Utah, K-State, Louisville, Iowa State, Northern Illinois, and Illinois - you cannot tell me that these schools are 'way harder to win at' that Minnesota. You are telling me that it is easier to recruit at Kansas State than Minnesota? Heck, Utah was not even in a real conference until 2011 and will always be little brother to BYU - tell me how it is harder at Minnesota.

I know that we have made progress these past 2 weeks versus cupcake opponents - glad to get 2 wins. But, the expectations for those on this board almost a decade into Fleck's tenure is one of the main reasons why we continue as we are. Another couple years of regression and we will be back to the days of playing in 4 homecoming games a season.

Top Bottom