Gophers -6.5 vs Syracuse

I hope Paulus gets the starting job and we make him eat turf all game. Hate that kid.

Minnesota 42, Syracuse 17

All things considered, that's a pretty fair prediction for our first game. I think our offense will be too much for theirs to handle, and I doubt they'll be able to throw successfully enough to score more points. Unless our run defense total lays an egg, I see us winning by at least 10-14 points minimum. I will, of course, eat plenty of crow later if need be.

Wow

Syracuse should be +6.5 against any team with a pulse. Throw in a veteran QB, improvement in just about every facet of football and I think the Gophers dominate this one. The only way we don't cover is if we have about 6 turnovers.

starting orange Quarterback

Everybody thought that paulus would be the starter for the orange. I thought he would be starting to. They are starting a Freshman at Q Ryan nassib he was a redshirt last year he won the starting the job.From the article it doesnt sound as if they are too good so we should cream them.

Minnesota is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road.

Syracuse is 0-4 ATS in their past 4 games versus the Big Ten.

Just remember that the Gambling Gods have a funny way of doing business, but trends & stats say Gopher win by 7 or more.

For any gambler out there, the first week or two is usually a good time if you have a good feeling about something because Vegas doesn't know everything yet. I still remember getting the Gophers -16 versus Tulsa for the opener two weeks prior to the game and I couldn't put enough money on them fast enough. I still think I may owe a percentage of my winnings to Maroney.

Vegas knows everything. They know how much is bet on each team as of two minutes ago. The line is set to keep the bets equally weighted on each team. Vegas could give a crap if Minnesota or Syracuse wins by 10 points or 100 points. If there is equal money on each team they make 5%. With this in mind, Minnesota should be a good bet because Syracuse probably has a bigger national following, meaning if Mn is favored the line will be lower than it might be in order to get $$ on the gophers.

Vegas knows everything.

I should correct my statement....Vegas will react to how people wager and get their's....what they may not know sometimes is what a line should be right out of the gate. You can pounce on it at that point.

Of course, they'll react, adjust and still be just fine.

Top Bottom