GopherHole needs an App

Gophs

Reaction score
Now that I just got my new iPhone with the University of Minnesota Skin-it, I need a good Gophers-related app. Posting on the GH message board would be so easy while at the games.

I know it's wishful thinking, but a Gophers fan can dream, right?

Does anyone know of any good Gophers-related apps?

I'd settle for a smartphone friendly version of the website, sort of like what the Star/trib does (m.startribune.com). I've seen message boards for other schools take this approach. This website is so busy its really easy to touch the wrong spot on a 3" screen. Next thing you know you're looking at a website for women's slutty shoes.

Ha! You can tell you're new with the iPhone if you think posting would be easy during games.

The network is usually slammed and you're lucky if you can receive a call, let alone get a strong enough connection to efficiently use the internet.

I'd settle for a smartphone friendly version of the website, sort of like what the Star/trib does (m.startribune.com). I've seen message boards for other schools take this approach. This website is so busy its really easy to touch the wrong spot on a 3" screen. Next thing you know you're looking at a website for women's slutty shoes.

Link?

Could this format use something like Tapatalk? I don't know what kind of forum software is used here, but Tapatalk supports vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB, and SMF.

EDIT: Nevermind - this is a vBulletin board, so the admins should be able to enable Tapatalk.

Could this format use something like Tapatalk? I don't know what kind of forum software is used here, but Tapatalk supports vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB, and SMF.

EDIT: Nevermind - this is a vBulletin board, so the admins should be able to enable Tapatalk.

I was looking at Tapatalk and it's available for both the iPhone and Android. What wasn't clear is if Tapatalk can sort forums and have an alert for new postings to thread topics. Those would be a must for me to use it, otherwise I can see a huge amount of time spent just trying to find the new posts. A Tapatalk module would have to be installed and setup by GopherHole for the app to work.

I have tapatalk... just need to get GH on it. That would be great. I currently find myself fat fingering my way into places I don't want to be all the time when I am browsing GH on my Itouch at home.

Kidding aside, and not related to Gopher Football... I was JUSt looking for forum reader apps for my Droid. It is surprisingly difficult to find apps from a company that is known best for their searching capabilities. I had never heard of Tapatalk, and searching "forum" on the market yields nothing good. Google needs to get their act together and get a really good online listing of apps that you can purchase for download later. The info/comments section in the market is NOT good enough.

What does it take to get GH on Tapatalk?... I would kill to read this on my phone when busy.

Top Bottom