Gopherhole Football Mailbag.

NoelarBear

Reaction score
With the Gophers on a bye week, we unfortunately won't have my weekly article where I ask an opponent beat writer questions. So I thought I would do a Gopherhole mailbag where you can ask questions. Feel free to ask anything Gopher football related and I will post my answers by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Analyze the passing game. It's clear to me that when we show the ability to pass the ball, it really opens up the run game, and we control the clock, etc. What happened in the pass game against Purdue? Do we have the weapons? Are teams doing things that confuse morgan? Something just seems off in this area, and can it be fixed.

What stands in the way of this program truly breaking through on a national level? And once it does, can it sustain it for a 3 out of 5 year period?

What are the 40 times of our running backs? Seems like without the "freshmen" from last year we don't run outside with success the same. Is this do to the OL or the speed of the backs?

Will we see any of the Freshmen Wide Receivers play this year? How good is Kristen Hoskins?

What is the situation with Mo Ibrahim's injury?

With the Gophers on a bye week, we unfortunately won't have my weekly article where I ask an opponent beat writer questions. So I thought I would do a Gopherhole mailbag where you can ask questions. Feel free to ask anything Gopher football related and I will post my answers by the end of the week.
I'd love to read some insights on what gopher football was like at the Dome - especially in the early dome days - what was the general sentiment around the University as football left campus?
I'm really curious in general about the factors that led to our looooong downturn from the 70's on.

Was the dome ever well received? Did fans think it a toilet right away?

• Who are the next 2 or 3 recruits most likely to commit?
  • We all know about Athan. How is Knuth developing? I assume he's playing in the Sunday scrimmages.
  • Ditto above about Evans. Heard he looked electric in camp. I would've loved to see him Saturday.
  • What's the likelihood of Rossi leaving for a HC gig after this season?

Top Bottom