Gopher women start game off down 20-0 against Wake Forest

It gets worse.

Top ranked Baylor is coming to Williams next. I can't even say it's going to get ugly. It would be more accurate to say it's going to get sad.

Who is that star player for Baylor? She is supposed to be the kind of player that changes the women's game like Bill Russell changed the men's game. Can she go pro early? And do the Lynx have a chance since they have a top pick?

Pam will never recover from the mass exodus of players a few years ago. She doesn't communicate well with the type of black athlete you need for a top program. Taylor Hill who is at Oho State didn't even have Minnesota in her final 3 choices. Pam has done a 360 turn in recruiting and is trying too win with local girls from the metro and outstate area. The problem is the McCarvelle's and Whalen's are few and far between. My guess is Pam will ride out her extension and sail off into the sunset with her gal pal

Pam will never recover from the mass exodus of players a few years ago. She doesn't communicate well with the type of black athlete you need for a top program. Taylor Hill who is at Oho State didn't even have Minnesota in her final 3 choices. Pam has done a 360 turn in recruiting and is trying too win with local girls from the metro and outstate area. The problem is the McCarvelle's and Whalen's are few and far between. My guess is Pam will ride out her extension and sail off into the sunset with her gal pal

Timeline?

I believe 19 she has 3-4 years left. Unless she would do something like an 0-fer in the BIG I don't think we will see a change. The Whalen years the Barn attendence was close to 9,000. I remember one game when a ranked Kansas St. came in and the crowd was around 13,000

I believe 19 she has 3-4 years left. Unless she would do something like an 0-fer in the BIG I don't think we will see a change. The Whalen years the Barn attendence was close to 9,000. I remember one game when a ranked Kansas St. came in and the crowd was around 13,000

Pretty sad how far the program has fallen. Why doesn't Borton get more static/criticism from the locals. All I can do is shake my head.

3-4 years? they've won exactly 0 big ten tournament games since the 05-06 season.

it's unbelievable how quickly borton has killed the momentum of the final four season.

Can she go pro early? And do the Lynx have a chance since they have a top pick?

doing no research at all i'm 95% positive you have to be 4 years out of high school to be drafted in the wnba. there was talk of candace parker leaving early but that was to go play in russia for like a million dollars a year.

This is kinda random but it deals with Women's basketball at the U. Does anyone know if there is a way to look at past rosters of the women's basketball team? Supposedly my HS chemistry teacher was on the first team ever at the U and I want to confirm that.

Borton does NOT have 3-4 years left. Quite frankly I'm surprised she's lasted as long as she has. She's gone from multiple Barn sellouts in a season to crickets.

That game against K-State (an 80-61 wipeout that wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated) was a complete sellout. It was also the NCAA tourney round of 32 en route to the Final four. Until Tubby showed up was the loudest I've ever heard The Barn get.

Borton does NOT have 3-4 years left. Quite frankly I'm surprised she's lasted as long as she has. She's gone from multiple Barn sellouts in a season to crickets.

That game against K-State (an 80-61 wipeout that wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated) was a complete sellout. It was also the NCAA tourney round of 32 en route to the Final four. Until Tubby showed up was the loudest I've ever heard The Barn get.

Rock, Borton's extension runs through 2014. The 2003-2004 was the Gophers best attendence under Borton averaging 9,800

Rock, Borton's extension runs through 2014. The 2003-2004 was the Gophers best attendence under Borton averaging 9,800

Like any other coach's contract, the buyout becomes much lower each year you get closer to the end of the contract. It would be interesting to know what the buyout would be after this season.

Like any other coach's contract, the buyout becomes much lower each year you get closer to the end of the contract. It would be interesting to know what the buyout would be afterKo this season.

Koppco, how many Final Four appearances have YOU made as head coach?

Like any other coach's contract, the buyout becomes much lower each year you get closer to the end of the contract. It would be interesting to know what the buyout would be after this season.

Just wondering......how much does Borton actually make as the women's coach? I have no idea.

Top Bottom