Gopher women #10 seed

bigmwc

Reaction score
The Gophers are the #10 seed in the Trenton Region playing their game in South Bend.

#7 NOTRE DAME v. #10 GOPHERS

#2 Texas A&M v. #15 Evansville

Congrats to the women's team. They were the second to last grouping announced. I am sure they were sweatin it big time.

Not to be a total downer on this, but I'm disgusted with the women's team. We enter the tournament by losing 3 of our last 4, including losses to the two worst teams in the league and getting smoked by a team in the BTT we'd beaten a month earlier. I'm amazed we got a 10 seed out of that. Playing Notre Dame on their home court should mean a quick first-round exit.

Pam, PLEASE recruit some talent. After the success of the Whalen/McCarville era, we're no longer interested in being a middle-of-the-pack team that is cannon fodder in the tournament.

whoa, people were saying that the women had virtually no shot of making the tourney on sunday.. wierd

Didnt they beat ohio state AT Columbus this year? thats pretty darn good.

They have some good wins.

@ #10 Ohio State
@ Michigan State
v. Michigan State
v. Iowa
v. Drexel (won the CAA) in the Coors Classic
v. Boston College (20-11, bubble team that didn't make it)

They also played #2 Stanford tough on the road in the first game of the season.

Notre Dame is beatable, but the Gophers better be able to hit shots. McCoy has to be aggressive on offense and AEM, Emmy can't get in foul trouble. Emmy needs to play under control as well, can't have silly turnovers or charges on his vaunted spin moves... Definitely can't afford a first half like they had v. Texas in last year's tournament.

Fox has regressed to the point where she is not much of a threat. Ellis-Milan is about all that we can count on unless Ohm is left totally wide open. That's not likely.

Buford and Voigt are our future. It's time they were asked to step up.

Buford is ready. She needs to STOP deferring to Fox.

Fox has regressed to the point where she is not much of a threat. Ellis-Milan is about all that we can count on unless Ohm is left totally wide open. That's not likely.

Buford and Voigt are our future. It's time they were asked to step up.

Buford is ready. She needs to STOP deferring to Fox.

Spot on. Buford has lots of potential. Voigt looks like she'll be a solid Big Ten player as her career progresses. This team NEEDS Tayler Hill next year.

I am a big follower of girls basketball. Pam has really missed the boat on her recruiting. She has heavily favored bigger, stronger, fundamental sound players at the expense of quicker, more creative and more athletic (though smaller) players.

Look around. WI top scorer is a MN girl. WI top post - MN girl. Ill best post - MN girl. Marquette top guard - MN girl. Quite frankly, Borton barely recruited these girls early on, and by the time she did make a push, it was too late.

Buford is the 1st highly athletic player Borton has recruited. We need another 6 or 7 like her to become competitive for the BT title and be a national presence. I am not betting on it happening.

I'm surprised that the women actually made the tourney. And I'm not at all confident about our chances against Notre Dame based on how we ended the season. But, at least they get the opportunity to play in the NCAAs...

On the other hand, that's why they play the games. Prove me wrong ladies!!!!!:p;)

Top Bottom