Gopher Winter Jacket

ChicagoGopher

Reaction score
Guys - I live out of town so I don't have visibility to any local retail stores in the TCs. Haven't been able to find a decent maroon/gold winter jacket anywhere on line. Any ideas or have you seen anything in the local retail stores? I'll be up next weekend for the game and would like to pick something up before Saturday.

Check Goldy's Locker at the stadium or in Dinkytown. Also the U of M bookstore by Coffman Union. There is also a college store at the Mall of America that has a lotof Gopher stuff. Retail stores that carry the Gopher line would be Kohl's , J.C. Penny and Mills Fleet Farm. Champs at the MOA also carries Gopher gear.

I am guessing that the cold weather gear will be much more available next season. It is not a solution for today, but I think the projected sales will be much higher going into next season as opposed to the start of 2013.

I don't think the retailers realize the Gophers no longer play in the damn dome!

After last weeks game, Mrs Bayfield and I went to JCP, Herbergers, Dick's. Sport's Authority, Champs in Rosedale and Goldy's Locker Room at TCF. Nada. None. I called the UM Bookstore, Target and Fleet Farm and nada. I talked to Goldy's Locker in Dinkytown and they told me that the major clothing manufacturers aren't making them. UM Bookstore has a longer hooded jacket that is fleece lined but lighter than I would want. They offer 25% off on Friday;s.

Maybe I should check Goodwill!!!

Anyone in the TC's who knows where one may be found would be appreciated.

I don't think the retailers realize the Gophers no longer play in the damn dome!

After last weeks game, Mrs Bayfield and I went to JCP, Herbergers, Dick's. Sport's Authority, Champs in Rosedale and Goldy's Locker Room at TCF. Nada. None. I called the UM Bookstore, Target and Fleet Farm and nada. I talked to Goldy's Locker in Dinkytown and they told me that the major clothing manufacturers aren't making them. UM Bookstore has a longer hooded jacket that is fleece lined but lighter than I would want. They offer 25% off on Friday;s.

Better yet another online store - http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_Jackets

Guys thanks for the recommendations. I'm running into the same thing Bayfield did. Lots of lightweight options but I was really looking for a true "winter" jacket. If anyone finds one, let me know. I even checked ebay!

I forgot to add Kohl's to the list and I have been to both online sites mentioned. I don't think there is such a thing as a Gopher winter jacket on the rack.

I don't think it's an oversight. Maybe because Starter jackets aren't cool anymore, much less on an adult.

Fanatics.com shows heavier coats for Iowa, Wisky, MSU, Michigan and of course the Packers. None for the Gophers.

The guy at Goldies Locker in Dinkytown told me on the phone that they can't find any Gopher winter type jacket/parka other than in black.

The bookstore in Coffman absolutely has winter jackets. They're okay looking, not sure on the price. I'm not sure if they sell them online though. It seems like they don't have everything online that is in store.

The bookstore in Coffman absolutely has winter jackets. They're okay looking, not sure on the price. I'm not sure if they sell them online though. It seems like they don't have everything online that is in store.

Thanks. Will be checking them out Friday.

Fanatics.com shows heavier coats for Iowa, Wisky, MSU, Michigan and of course the Packers. None for the Gophers.

The guy at Goldies Locker in Dinkytown told me on the phone that they can't find any Gopher winter type jacket/parka other than in black.

Fanatics.com has one decent winter jacket: Columbia Ascender II Soft-SHell Performance, black with the M emblem, soft-shell fleece-lined. It repels water and wickers moisture away. You'd have to contact them directly and ask why they don't have it in maroon.

Fanatics.com has one decent winter jacket: Columbia Ascender II Soft-SHell Performance, black with the M emblem, soft-shell fleece-lined. It repels water and wickers moisture away. You'd have to contact them directly and ask why they don't have it in maroon.
My buddy has a Columbia Gophers winter jacket that's really nice. It's maroon with white and gold blocking as well. I think he got it at TJMaxx or someplace like that. You could try that, but it would certainly be a Hail Mary.

My buddy has a Columbia Gophers winter jacket that's really nice. It's maroon with white and gold blocking as well. I think he got it at TJMaxx or someplace like that. You could try that, but it would certainly be a Hail Mary.

I have a maroon Minnesota Columbia jacket with gold trim that sounds similar. Got it 3-4 years ago at Dick's. It's not a true winter weight jacket, but it's polar fleece lined and water-repellant. Makes a great top layer over a sweatshirt.

Thanks. I just got that email as well. Still not what I was looking for but if anyone wants a lighter weight jacket now would be a good time to buy.

Mills Fleet Farm had decent looking women's jackets but no men's in Carver, mn as of a couple weeks ago I looked of op

http://www.bookstores.umn.edu/viewProduct.cgi?categoryID=4&productID=37493#.Uofn4o3SapQ
If you wear layers you should be good. Long Underwear, long sleeve t, hoodie, jacket, with mittens and a stocking cap.

I have that jacket......in all black unfortunately. I had 30% off at kohls and EVERYTHING is always on sale at that place. Ended up getting that and a thin hooded sweatshirt for a little under $60. Wore it a couple weekends ago and it was fine with the sweatshirt underneath.

Top Bottom