Gopher Volleyball 2023 Season

Good.

Badly need a shakeup.

Wish her well, hope she lands on an outstanding team and hopefully outside the Big Ten

Some VT posters suggesting the timing might suggest Pitt.

I like that as a landing spot for her. Hope it happens.

I don't wish her (lack of) passing skills upon them, but they will get what they sign up for.

Some VT posters suggesting the timing might suggest Pitt.

I like that as a landing spot for her. Hope it happens.

I don't wish her (lack of) passing skills upon them, but they will get what they sign up for.
They have a pretty good coach, so I don't think that's how they'll use her.

They have a pretty good coach, so I don't think that's how they'll use her.
Why would she agree to go anywhere that is upfront about not wanting to play her 6ro??

She actually thinks she’s going to play for the national team one day :sneaky:

Grote played MB for USC her first season. I am also wondering, if this coaching staff would move her to that position? I feel they have that option too, if the portal produces another Samedy for this program. I have always felt that no matter who was on the RS for us Shaff has had some of her best connections with that position. I, for one, have witnessed many explosive kills from that side of the net.

Yes, Schaff backseet is the only set she can do consistently.

Grote played MB for USC her first season. I am also wondering, if this coaching staff would move her to that position? I feel they have that option too, if the portal produces another Samedy for this program. I have always felt that no matter who was on the RS for us Shaff has had some of her best connections with that position. I, for one, have witnessed many explosive kills from that side of the net.
grote came from cal, not usc. not disagreeing with your point at all. she was listed as a MB there for 2 seasons.

Ok guys I have a question and it might be a really stupid one 😬 but any chance Shaffmaster could move to playing MB?

Ok guys I have a question and it might be a really stupid one 😬 but any chance Shaffmaster could move to playing MB?
My unqualified layperson opinion is she is too slow.

RS I would definitely see as an option.

No. But she’d be a decent opposite at a program that needed one — not Minnesota.

I always thought she might want to play with her sister at UNC.

I don't remember exactly where I saw this, but someone was asking about watching an entire HS volleyball match with the Swenson Twins or something on that line.

Found this information on the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) website, but it will cost you.

I don't remember exactly where I saw this, but someone was asking about watching an entire HS volleyball match with the Swenson Twins or something on that line.

Found this information on the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) website, but it will cost you.

CCX Media on YouTube had a few of their matches.

Davis is in the portal too. She transferred in from Ohio State and was their starter. I have no idea why she left there but I never felt she improved to where she was effective for us at the net in the two seasons she was a Gopher. IMO she always seemed to play with nervous energy and appeared so so lost.

KK and KCook have to be extremely busy right now and I sure hope they can put the needed pieces to this puzzle in place soon. Now we should have two new middles transferring in.

Last edited:

No high-level middle wants to be here.

Which is correct. Why would you only want to be a blocker and nothing else??

Schaff is the worst middle setter in major college volleyball, by a long shot.

More than likely many Christmas wish lists are in the past and New Year wish lists are now in effect. IDK Gopher fans this is worrisome, at least to me, that there hasn't been any word to fill needed positions on this roster for the 2024 season.

Also, when players visit and then decide to transfer-in there is usually an announcement not too long after that. We heard of at least one DS/L visiting a few days before Christams but no word on someone transferring here....not good and that is telling me one of our top choices is more than likely going elsewhere. I sure hope I am wrong.

Another note.....I also read DS/L Mackenzie Morris (K State) was supposed to be visiting Oregon. I know Morris was on many Gopher fans Christmas wish list along with MB Maggie Mendelseon (Nebraska), MB Natalie Foster (Wichita State), and OH Hayden Kubik (Nebraska).

I know I would love it, if Minnesota was at the top of some these recruits lists.

Last edited:

This is an example of how tough it is to keep up with Texas and Nebraska in the recruiting process. It has been going on for years and will continue.

I know the following very interesting link is not Gopher news but I also have no idea where Wenaas will fit into this picture next season at Texas who have geared up for another National Championship. One of the three transfers is Baylor's starting setter from this season.

Last edited:

Top Bottom