Gopher Volleyball 2021-Fall Season

walleye

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Big Ten: two teams in the finals and 4 teams in the Elite Eight. I think the Big Ten teams were underrated and underseeded in the tournament. What would Louisville's, Pittsburgh's, and Texas' records have been if they played in the Big Ten? I think the Gopher's season looks very good in retrospect.

The final should be interesting. I think Wisconsin has the better team but Nebraska is on a roll.

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
Lauren Barnes: two years at Minnesota, three years at Wisconsin, and she was never on the losing side in a match between those two teams. That's remarkable!

Frink

Reaction score
You couldn't ask for more from a championship with the exception of a Badger loss. That was really, really entertaining.

jham13

Reaction score
Don't really care for John Cook but man does he know how to get his teams prepped for this tournament. Their defensive effort was stellar tonight but Wisky dominated in the block department, setting a record for blocks in a Final.

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Big Ten: two teams in the finals and 4 teams in the Elite Eight. I think the Big Ten teams were underrated and underseeded in the tournament. What would Louisville's, Pittsburgh's, and Texas' records have been if they played in the Big Ten? I think the Gopher's season looks very good in retrospect.

The final should be interesting. I think Wisconsin has the better team but Nebraska is on a roll.

The Big Ten volleyball teams needed this performance, reputationally, after collectively performing so poorly in the previous national tournament a few months earlier. We don’t want to be considered as overrated… and we sure showed that we were not overrated this tournament.

Top Bottom