Gopher Verbal Marquise Hill onfield results

Reaction score
#13 Athlete on Max Prepeps, #76 athlete on Rivals (3*, 5.6), #87 WR on Scout (3*), can't see or remember ESPN rating, I think 77 or 78.

For the season he is avg. 10.2 yds/carry on 51 carries, with 8 TD and a long of 61 yds. Currently has 26 rec for an avg of ~14 yd/catch with a long of 60 yards and 2 TD. He also has 48 tackles and 2 INTs. He avgs ~35 yds per punt return (9 returns) and ~40 yds/kick return on 8 returns.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/J5Ihlcknzk-x5iJ_Qurnqg/football-fall-09/stats-marquise-hill.htm

I like what I see!

Go Gophers!!
SK Gopher

Nice update. I'm excited for him and the Dawkins kid, who I think has similar avg. yards per catch. Pretty impressive numbers for Hill though, sounds like he's an all around contributor. Any idea how good his HS football team is?

can't see or remember ESPN rating, I think 77 or 78

Rated 76 on ESPN. But "we don't need him. We've already got too many WRs for next year.":rolleyes: Some people.

Awesome stats. He sure will look good in the maroon and gold of Minnesota St. next year!

Rated 76 on ESPN. But "we don't need him. We've already got too many WRs for next year.":rolleyes: Some people.

Awesome stats. He sure will look good in the maroon and gold of Minnesota St. next year!

And you think I am a smart a**.

I'm looking forward to him in a Gopher uniform too but regarding his HS team: how can you be 6-3, have a guy averaging 10 ypc, and only get him the ball 50 times?

I suspect because he is sharing the load with the QB and at least 2 RB each with 40+ carries, although they don't have as good of avgs. The QB has also thrown the ball over 150 times for the year.

I'm looking forward to him in a Gopher uniform too but regarding his HS team: how can you be 6-3, have a guy averaging 10 ypc, and only get him the ball 50 times?

It could be that a lot of his carries are on reverses and/or wildcat type plays. A big reason they are usually so effective is because you can surprise teams with them. They could also run a lot of bubble screens. Many times those are thrown backwards making it a carry instead of a reception. Just a guess though.

Top Bottom