Gopher Uniforms for Bowl are?

We are the home team so I think that means us in white...?

We are the home team so I think that means us in white...?
That would only be true if bowl games are the reverse of regular season games in terms of which team wears white.

The other thread with pics from practice showed the helmet we are almost certainly wearing (Maroon, with M on one side and Goldy on the other).

If the team photos on twitter showing the Gophers on the field in Yankee Stadium mean anything, it’s going to be maroon tops. They had on black sweats for pants who don’t know about that.

Whatever it is, I'm guessing many Gopher fans over 50 will be doing this...

View attachment 22765

Are we sure it's always us old guys who have strong negative reactions to certain uniform combinations?

I'm 66, and I haven't seen any in the Fleck era that I've actively disliked. I have my favorites, but there aren't any that I hate.

Are we sure it's always us old guys who have strong negative reactions to certain uniform combinations?

I'm 66, and I haven't seen any in the Fleck era that I've actively disliked. I have my favorites, but there aren't any that I hate.
I am an old guy too and I pretty much roll with the uniforms. I prefer some over others but in the end I root for my favorite team regardless of uniform.

Hence "many" instead of "all". I tried to be careful with my words; and, it's all in jest.
As for me?...I'm over 50 and like them all, even the anthracite with gold pants.

I could care less what our uniform combos are. Just win baby.

Last edited:

Hence "many" instead of "all". I tried to be careful with my words; and, it's all in jest.
As for me?...I'm over 50 and like them all, even the anthracite with gold pants.

I get what you're saying.

I have seen complaints about the uniforms, especially non-traditional ones. But I'm not sure it's always older posters who dislike certain combinations. I'd bet some of our younger contributors have strong feelings as well.

Don't really care what Uniforms we go with but am a little surprised it hasn't been revealed yet.

Don't really care what Uniforms we go with but am a little surprised it hasn't been revealed yet.
They have revealed the helmet and we are the home team so I am guessing all maroon or maroon lids, maroon jerseys, and gold pants.

I’m under 50 and am just pissed we don’t do full banana more.

But I like your classic, Kill-era maroon helmet avatar. Don't change it to 'full banana', please.

If we are, indeed, going with the maroon helmets vs Syracuse (Goldy / block 'M'), then I'm happy. I really like that look.

Definitely prefer the "Heisman" full Goldy to the decapitated head Goldy with the huge, glowing buck teeth...

I do the FULL BANANA thing because I really like the one color.

All maroon is fun too.

Don’t really care since I have a hard time getting to watch the games.

Wold like to see the golden egg chrome with heisman Goldy on both sides. I don’t think that’s been done yet.

Oh, and I’m in the later 50’s.

From the pictures on Twitter it looks like they’re wearing all maroon

I get what you're saying.

I have seen complaints about the uniforms, especially non-traditional ones. But I'm not sure it's always older posters who dislike certain combinations. I'd bet some of our younger contributors have strong feelings as well.
You're probably right. But again, all in jest...

Are we going to see something special for the bowl?

Maybe…..

FULL BANANA!!!
I'm 60+ and always cheer for Otis' Full Banana. One day, it will happen and the world will rejoice.

Top Bottom