Gopher Spring Game/Scrimmage Questions

DL65

Reaction score
Next Saturday many GopherHolers will be at the annual spring game/scrimmage. I have a few questions related to next week's conclusion of spring practice:

1) What aspect or positions are you going to be focusing on (defensive line, offensive lilne, linebackers, defensive backs, quarterback, running backs, receivers, special teams)?

2) What positions do you expect to see the greater improvement?

3) What area are you most concerned with?

4) Is the scrimmage going to be televised locally? If so, does anyone have any idea or links of how fans in other states may be able to access the spring scrimmage?

Thanks in advance.

Go Gophers!!

I think when push comes to shove

the MAIN improvement needs to be in the pass rush. It was almost non existent last year.That is what i will be looking for. Unfortunately--it seems to still be their biggest weakness in my opinion. Lets hope a couple guys step up big time and make the year quite a surprise.

I'm hoping to see an overall improvement in discipline and football saavy. I want our team to look like a competent and confident football squad. So much of football is played between the ears and I'm hoping to see our team start using their heads. No dumb penalty's, timeouts, coaching decisions, alignment mistakes, incorrect routes....etc. If we can become a smarter, more disciplined team we will by default win more and stay competitive against everyone.

I'm hoping to see an overall improvement in discipline and football saavy. I want our team to look like a competent and confident football squad. So much of football is played between the ears and I'm hoping to see our team start using their heads. No dumb penalty's, timeouts, coaching decisions, alignment mistakes, incorrect routes....etc. If we can become a smarter, more disciplined team we will by default win more and stay competitive against everyone.

+1

I really think we're going to see a well disciplined team that won't make stupid decisions or penalties.

I'm not really looking for anything particular at the spring game (I'm not a X's and O's guy). I would like to see a pass rush, of any kind! I'm just curious to see the offensive formations and see the style we will run. I know we don't have all of the O and D installed yet, but I want to get a taste of it at least.

Great questions ....

1) What aspect or positions are you going to be focusing on (defensive line, offensive lilne, linebackers, defensive backs, quarterback, running backs, receivers, special teams)?
I am going to focus on line play (both sides). Will it be noticeable how our DE's rush passer in Claey's scheme? Is the Oline able to open holes against decent DT's. In addition, will our DB's play up?
Special teams. DB's with Royston back and more experience in the group.
Oline, and DE's.
4) Is the scrimmage going to be televised locally? If so, does anyone have any idea or links of how fans in other states may be able to access the spring scrimmage?
I do not know.

I believe our Spring Game will be televised nationally on tape delay later that day on Big Ten Network.

When/if I go (plans are up in the air), I'll be watching mostly the RBs and Dline. I watch the spring 'game' for the same reasons I watch preseason NFL ball.. to see the young guys (2s, 3s, and even 4s) play and see how they handle themselves. That to me, is the fun part.

I expect great improvement from ALL positions.

Concerned with nothing right now (everything's too new to worry about anything).

For those of you that are going, have fun! Last year my wife and I had a great time, and if I'm able to go again this year I'm sure she'll be glad to join.

Next Saturday many GopherHolers will be at the annual spring game/scrimmage. I have a few questions related to next week's conclusion of spring practice:

Thanks in advance.

Go Gophers!!

I dont expect to notice anything drastic at the spring game. I really dont think we will have a good idea of what this team/coaching staff will be able to do until after the USC game. If Kill was 3-4 yrs into the program I think it would be different. But for now Im going to be attending for 2 reasons:
1) Bring my boys to see their favorite player Keanon Cooper
2) Hang out with some Gopher fans

Also, are they charging for this event? And are there going to be any kids activities?

Thanks

Activities

I dont expect to notice anything drastic at the spring game. I really dont think we will have a good idea of what this team/coaching staff will be able to do until after the USC game. If Kill was 3-4 yrs into the program I think it would be different. But for now Im going to be attending for 2 reasons:
1) Bring my boys to see their favorite player Keanon Cooper
2) Hang out with some Gopher fans

Also, are they charging for this event? And are there going to be any kids activities?

Thanks

The game is free and there will be family activites. Hopefully somebody else can expand on what they are.

I'm almost positive the spring game will be streamed live on bigtennetwork.com and then tape delayed to later that night or the next day on big ten network.

The e-mail the BTN usualy sends out about the next week's games is Thursday, so we will have a definite answer by then.

Gopher Spring game television schedule

The spring game will be streamed on www.bigtennetwork.com live on Sat, April 23 @ 1pm CST. It will be televised on Sun, April 24 @ 6 pm CST on the Big Ten Network.

I hope to be there in person.

We may see sunshine for the first time in what feels like forever on Saturday!!

It should be a fun day.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom