Gopher Sports: Michael Kapsch is the new WBB PA announcer

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Kapsch's first game will be on Nov. 8, vs. LIU.
The 2023-24 Gopher women's basketball season will see a new voice take over the microphone at historic Williams Arena. Long-time public address announcer Mike Kapsch has been selected to take over the microphone at the Barn beginning this November.

Kapsch has over 15 years of collegiate public address experiences and currently serves as the full-time Minnesota volleyball public address announcer position, which he will continue doing alongside his role with women's basketball. Kapsch has also filled in at Gopher football games and has experience at Concordia University-St. Paul athletics events.

"I am so excited to help usher in the next era of Gopher women's basketball, and I cannot wait to meet Coach Plitzuweit and the rest of the team," Kapsch said. "Getting to announce in Williams Arena is special, and I have so much respect for everyone that's made 'The Barn' a great venue over the generations."

Away from campus, Kapsch owns and operates his own business, and spends his remaining free time with his wife Emily and their two children, Cooper and Lincoln.

Kapsch's first game as the Williams Arena public address announcer for Gopher women's basketball will come on Wednesday, Nov. 8, as the Gophers host LIU in the season opener.

Top Bottom