Gopher Phan base growing out of control

killme

Reaction score
The following story is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

I met a great woman about 14 months ago. Mary is not a sports fan, has never had a sports fan in her life, so I've been able to start from scratch. I've been educating her. She has a couple of Minnesota shirts. She loves Jerry Kill.

She had a minute on a break Tuesday at work, where she is a quality auditor at a large auto parts manufacturing plant, and gave me a call. As we were chatting she got a call on her walkie-talkie so she said to me "just a second, hun, I have to take this..."

"Go for Mary!" she said. I lost it.

A few seconds later she said, "ok, I'm back."
me: "Did you just say what I thought you said?"
her: "What?"
me: "Gopher Mary?"
her: "Everybody here is 'Go For...'."
me: "OMG, that is soooo cool! My baby works at a place where they're all Gopher phans!"
her: "Oh my. I just got it! Yes, I guess we are."

We are a variety of Gopher Fans in all walks of life. Some always talk optimism, some always pessimism, some babble nonsense, some over analyze every quote from a Coach, player, or recruit. Some think a single play is indicative of the skill level of a team, others use the entire game as indicative of the skill level of a team. Some admit to knowing more than the Coaching Staff, questioning everything after the fact, while others admit to knowing less that the Coaching Staff, which helps enjoy the beer more. I could go on and on, but I will stop before I start babbling nonsense. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Top Bottom