Gopher Offer Chad Rykhoek

scher215

Reaction score
Per Ryan James

“@RyanJamesMN: Rivals 150 big man Chad Rykhoek of Texas listed Minnesota as one of the schools who offered him this August.”

In searching YouTube for video of Chad Rykhoek it re-directs me to results for the "cha cha slide" one of the worst club/wedding, songs of all time. Criss Cross! Two Hops this time!

On a more serious note, I wonder if the Gophers have any sort of priority over which big man they will take over their other offers. I thought they might try to hold off on Ellenson given that they waited so long to offer him and had already set up an official with Jodan Price. Given that they were willing to take Ellenson's commitment, I would guess that the big man offer will be availabe on a first come, first served basis as well.

Cut and Paste from below link
Rykhoek will be looking to lead his team to a state title this season.

Chad Rykhoek

Chad Rykhoek is one of the more unique prospects in the class of 2012. He is a skilled big man who can put points up in the post, as well as hit shots from all around the perimeter. He uses his length to alter or block shots around the rim and has extraordinary timing when doing so. He is also a fantastic passer for a big, making him a great weapon for any program to put on the floor. I got the chance to talk to Chad about his recruitment as well as his upcoming senior season. This is One on One with Chad Rykhoek.

Brian Flinn: First question, who are you currently considering?

Chad Rykhoek: I'm considering Texas, Colorado, Baylor, Vanderbilt, Marquette, Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, North Texas, Stanford, Drake, Wichita State, Cal, UTEP, Louisiana Monroe, Oklahoma, Rice, Southern Miss, and Arizona State. In no particular order.

Brian: Do you have a favorite at this point?

Chad: No sir, I do not have one yet. I'm just keeping my options open right now.

Brian: So who has offered you?

Chad: Only Drake, SMU, and North Texas have offered me so far.

Brian: Ok, how would you describe your game?

Chad: I'm able to play both inside and out. I can shoot the 3, as well as finish with both hands around the basket. I'm a good passer and can find the open man. I can get the rebound and take the ball up court if needed. Also, I use my length on defense and alter or block a lot of shots.

Brian: So if you had to compare yourself to one person who would it be?

Chad: I would have to say Zach Randolph.

Brian: Nice, What are you looking for in a program?

Chad: A good school academically. Coaches that are willing to help me develop and reach my full potential. A place where I will fit in with the style of play and feel comfortable in my environment.

Brian: What style of play would you say best suits you?

Chad: I think I am versitile enough that I could play in a variety of different styles.

Brian: Ok, what are your goals for this summer and your senior year?

Chad: My main goals for the summer are to get stronger, work on my post moves, and improve my endurance and conditioning. My main goal for my senior year is to win a state championship.

Brian: Alright, if you could tell your future coach and teammates one thing what would it be?

Chad: That i'm a team player and I work hard. Also that i'm very coachable and ready to learn.

Brian: Ok last question, who do you have winning the NBA Finals?

Chad: Well i'm a big Mavs fan so i'll have to take the Mavs in 7.

In a time where we see way to many kids declare for the draft early, or focus on their own goals, it is refreshing to meet a kid like Chad. He knows he is one of the most talented fowards in the country, but his ultimate goals are still all about winning. Rykhoek reminds me of Kyle Singler in a way, because he possess the perimeter skills and has that all important drive to win that coaches love. Rykhoek might just be the next great 4 year player, which is a dying breed these days. This has been One on One with Chad Rykhoek.

--
http://www.collegebball365.com/One_on_One.html

TCU message board claims second Rykhoek unofficial TCU visit today... -- link

"In a good sign for TCU basketball recruiting, Chad Rykhoek is taking his second unofficial visit to TCU today. Chad's recruiting has really picked up over the summer adding offers from Minnesota, Missouri, Texas Tech, Colorado, Nebraska and SMU just to name a few. Chad is a 6'9 (though I have seen him listed as 6'11) power forward from Fort Worth Christian who is certainly one of our top targets now that Connor Lammert has eliminated TCU from his short list. Chad is rated as the #135 player in the country for the 2012 class and the #39 power forward. Texashoops.com ranks him as the #15 player in the state.

Chad is an inside out power forward with a good looking shot and is an excellent passer for his size. Reggie Brown was recruiting Chad while he was at SMU.
"
http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=140799

Well, its becoming increasingly clear that this program will be built around 3 star recruits. I think its possible, but it may take some patience. I don't think we will see a freshman all conference player in the Tubby era unless someone seriously over achieves. Go gophers!

We can't even get the marginal recruits.It seems like Tubby and his staff have no plan regarding recruitingI have defended Tubby in the past but maybe he is just coasting.

Who knows how much we wanted this guy. I prefer Phillip Nolan anyway so if we're able to get him I'll be okay with missing out on this guy.

Who knows how much we wanted this guy. I prefer Phillip Nolan anyway so if we're able to get him I'll be okay with missing out on this guy.

From Mark Miller on teh Wishoops site:

"Milwaukee Riverside coach Tyronne Lewis says senior center Phillip Nolan (6-10) is down to either Oregon or Clemson."

From Mark Miller on teh Wishoops site:

"Milwaukee Riverside coach Tyronne Lewis says senior center Phillip Nolan (6-10) is down to either Oregon or Clemson."

Disappointing, but not surprising. Never heard anything that made me think we were real high on his list.

Top Bottom