Gopher Nation Women's Clinic - August 28th

GoalLineClub

Reaction score
3rd Annual Women's Clinic will be held in the DQ Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium starting at 5:30 on Friday the 28th of August. There is a charge for the event this year due to signigicantly increased costs wit the move to the new stadium and the desire to provide all attendees with the exclusive gift. For more info or to get registered CLICK HERE.

3rd Annual Women's Clinic will be held in the DQ Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium starting at 5:30 on Friday the 28th of August. There is a charge for the event this year due to signigicantly increased costs wit the move to the new stadium and the desire to provide all attendees with the exclusive gift. For more info or to get registered CLICK HERE.

i hope they serve/sell alcohol to the ladies who attend this great event just to spite the mn legislators who stuck their noses in the u of m's personal business. that would be some good irony imo! ;)

It says this event includes "tours of TCF Bank Stadium". Hmmm. I wonder how I'd look in a maroon skirt?

They've served alcohol that past 2 years, so I hope this year is no different!!

This is a great event and I encourage all ladies to attend. My friends and I always have a great time!

< sarcasm >More stadium discrimination! Men should be allowed too!! I'm writing my representative on this immediately! < /sarcasm >

Last Year

My wife went and brought about 10 friends and had a great time...my guess is that this year none of them will go because of the $25 fee.

I agree go4rob. I believe my wife was part of your wife's group. My daughter was planning on attending with my wife this year until we learned of the $25 fee. I understand the increase in cost but make it $10 and drop or downsize the gifts in order to cut costs. My guess is the women are not attending this event for the gifts. It will be interesting to see how this effects the attendance.

I agree go4rob. I believe my wife was part of your wife's group. My daughter was planning on attending with my wife this year until we learned of the $25 fee. I understand the increase in cost but make it $10 and drop or downsize the gifts in order to cut costs. My guess is the women are not attending this event for the gifts. It will be interesting to see how this effects the attendance.

my guess is that it will be down quite a bit, but I could be wrong. My wife was really excited about going again until she saw the cost..and she said "forget it". Then they will wonder why nobody showed up and probably cancel next yr's event. *duh*

Can't get everything free forever, gang. This was one of many events that amazed me (along with the pre-season Fan Fest which is defunct now, too), in terms of the ability to spend time with the players and coaches at a Big Ten school. We're not some little podunk school but we've had incredible access to the program and the players for a long time. But we're moving into a new era with the new stadium and moving back into the "big time" with the football program, so it's inevitable that these kinds of things must change over time.

I do agree a lower price would have been better, but if women are really interested in the program and this event, I think they should still find a way to go. I know I will.

Can't get everything free forever, gang. This was one of many events that amazed me (along with the pre-season Fan Fest which is defunct now, too), in terms of the ability to spend time with the players and coaches at a Big Ten school. We're not some little podunk school but we've had incredible access to the program and the players for a long time. But we're moving into a new era with the new stadium and moving back into the "big time" with the football program, so it's inevitable that these kinds of things must change over time.

I do agree a lower price would have been better, but if women are really interested in the program and this event, I think they should still find a way to go. I know I will.

I DO agree with you, to a point..but $10 or $15 would have been plenty for this coming off 2 yrs of having it for free. the $25 is just too prohibitive. For some families sending more than one person, you would be talking $50 to $75 bucks, and now they will just choose not to go, kind of a shame.

Somebody, Anybody

From the Carlson School explain to me the pricing structure in a start up business. That price that will attract customers, provide value, and hopefully promote repeat sales. Should it be semi exclusive, or nominal. What is the design of the function? Profit Center, Start up event, Promotional Sales. What is the reason for the event, and why would anyone go? What could prevent people from going. Time of day, access, cost, interest? When you cut to the bottom line, this event is designed to stimulate interest. If 300 women pay $10 is the event more or less successful than having 120 women pay $25. One seems to be a measure of interest, the other the ability to pay.

There are several reasons there's a $25 cost for the Women's Clinic this year..........there's a rental fee for the new stadium (last year it was free), we have to use the University for food and beverages (last year they were either donated or deeply discounted), the gift has to be purchased this year (last year it was donated) and this is a FUNDRAISER for Gopher Football. If we didn't charge this year, we wouldn't not have been able to do the event at all because we want to make money for the program...not lose it.

This is a great event and a great opportunity to see the new stadium and get the inside scoop from the coaches. Hopefully plenty of women realize that this is still a great value and well worth the money!!! Try to go out to dinner and have a couple of drinks and not spend at least $25!

The kickoff luncheon is $40 and sold out in just a few days, but people refuse to pay $25 for the women's clinic, which is a longer event with more access to the staff and players and includes more stadium access. That doesn't make any sense, quit being so cheap ladies!

There are several reasons there's a $25 cost for the Women's Clinic this year..........there's a rental fee for the new stadium (last year it was free), we have to use the University for food and beverages (last year they were either donated or deeply discounted), the gift has to be purchased this year (last year it was donated) and this is a FUNDRAISER for Gopher Football. If we didn't charge this year, we wouldn't not have been able to do the event at all because we want to make money for the program...not lose it.

This is a great event and a great opportunity to see the new stadium and get the inside scoop from the coaches. Hopefully plenty of women realize that this is still a great value and well worth the money!!! Try to go out to dinner and have a couple of drinks and not spend at least $25!

This is a good breakdown of the costs. The $25 makes total sense now. My wife and her buddy (Univ of Texas fan) are planning on going to it, even at $25 a pop. She had a great time last year, plus she's pumped to get the tour of the stadium.

Can MEN go with their wives, girlfriends, or sisters? I thought it was women only? If it's not...I'm going!

Its not about the $25. Its how you couched it. The initial blurb was defensive from the second sentence.

Sell it, don't defend it.

The 3rd Annual Gopher Football Women's Clinic will be held this year in the DQ Club Room at TCF Stadium at 5:30 PM on Friday, August 28th. Your chance to see the stadium, the players, and coaches and Head Coach Brewster. Its better than ever. This Clinic is designed especially for you and supports the Gophers.

Click here to reserve your spot.

My wife is going

The money isn't that big of deal. For my wife, it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience what I've been talking about for the last four years. I hope this energizes her to understand football a little better and actually become a Gophers fan.

Right now, she leans toward Indiana and Purdue. When she steps onto that field and sees what Gophers football is about to become, I bet she'll switch over to the good side. I mean, I'll never get to hang out with the players or coaches. She and her girlfriend are gonna have a blast. If the U had the same thing for men, I would spend $50.

Go Gophers!!!!!

I urge people to send this info to any women you think may have a 5% interest. Just for fun, I sent the email I got from Goal Line Club to my sister who is not even a big football fan. I was surprised to get a reply back that she thought it sounded fun if she can find a friend to go with her.

The money isn't that big of deal. For my wife, it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience what I've been talking about for the last four years. I hope this energizes her to understand football a little better and actually become a Gophers fan.

Right now, she leans toward Indiana and Purdue. When she steps onto that field and sees what Gophers football is about to become, I bet she'll switch over to the good side. I mean, I'll never get to hang out with the players or coaches. She and her girlfriend are gonna have a blast. If the U had the same thing for men, I would spend $50.

Go Gophers!!!!!

If she comes anywhere near me and my Mom we will turn her into Gopher fans real quick! LOL

I have only heard great things about this event and thought $25 was a great price for all the things you get and the player/coach interaction. I don't know any other time I will get to step on the field. Should be a great time.

Top Bottom