Gopher Hockey Recruiting

Zach Stejskal, come on down.
his UMD numbers aren't good (a lot of that is the team has been mediocre), but he's a veteran and a big body. I'd imagine though that he wants to be starting for sure and unsure if he'd want to compete with Airey if Bob is that confident in him. That said, I'd definitely listen if he'd be interested as it's a big step up from what Barto has shown and you need to have 2 goalies you'd feel comfortable playing next year given how much experience Airey has and how good this team could be.

It is funny that every player that enters the portal, Bonin wants him to join the Gophers. LOL

his UMD numbers aren't good (a lot of that is the team has been mediocre), but he's a veteran and a big body. I'd imagine though that he wants to be starting for sure and unsure if he'd want to compete with Airey if Bob is that confident in him. That said, I'd definitely listen if he'd be interested as it's a big step up from what Barto has shown and you need to have 2 goalies you'd feel comfortable playing next year given how much experience Airey has and how good this team could be.

What are the options at goaltender? I can't tell who in the portal is good.

At this point, go for a rotation of two good ones, and see what happens, vs one very good one?

Maybe someone else will jump in the portal seeing Minnesota could need one. Maybe he's the man?

Gotta imagine he's transferring because he wants one last shot at a title. Title contender + in need of a goalie describes the situation in Dinkytown pretty well....

On a related note it has been nice watching UMD fall back to earth after so many of their fans came out of the woodwork over the last 12 years

Think UMD is going to surprise next year. Some fun recruits coming in. The Plante Brothers, Shaugabay, 3 big D and the Goalie from USHL Green Bay, can't think of his name. We'll see but don't count Sandelin out.

It is funny that every player that enters the portal, Bonin wants him to join the Gophers. LOL
I've listed a bunch of goalies because they need one badly. I have not listed every player, just called out the best. We got the best F, and if Koster comes back I don't expect any additional big name skaters.

At this point, go for a rotation of two good ones, and see what happens, vs one very good one?

Maybe someone else will jump in the portal seeing Minnesota could need one. Maybe he's the man?
The best goalies are gone. Stejskal will work to at least make it a competition.

The best goalies are gone. Stejskal will work to at least make it a competition.

again i'd take this as Bob likes what he sees in Airey. I'd take Stejskal as I think he'd be ok splitting, is an upperclassman (so only 1 year). He would allow a safety net for Airey to develop as well as for injury. but given how Bob handled Laffer to Closer, he seems to know what he's got in goalies so I think have to trust him somewhat. Just a little worrisome with how it sits right now without options though Bob has just rolled one guy here unless forced to do otherwise

I don't care what he's shown in practice, you need a solid backup in a year where you're expected to contend for a title and your goalie has played 130 minutes in college with an .865 save percentage.

Jeremy Wilmer to the portal. Guessing UM/MSU/UND/DU.

Jeremy Wilmer to the portal. Guessing UM/MSU/UND/DU.
why do you say that? east coast kid so i'd think he'd stay out there and want a bigger role than what he'll get with BU (also looks like he didn't play in the FF though he did dress against the Gophers). admittedly don't know a ton about him

CSS Final Rankings NA Top 100
1 - Celebrini - BU
2 - Levshunov - MSU
4 - Buium - DU
6 - Connelly - PC
10 - Hage - UM
12 - Eiserman - BU
16 - Boisvert - UND
21 - Gridin - UM
23 - Letourneau - BC
27 - Mustard - PC
28 - Bednarik - BU