Gopher Head Football Coach Claeys Discusses Player Suspensions - KSTP

Iceland12

Reaction score
Tracy Claeys held a Press Conference at 6:30

When asked if he influenced the players with the decision to boycott, he said it was up to them.

"That was the kids' decision," said Claeys. "I was a sounding board."

"The boycott was bout the due process," said Claeys. "The kids are citizens first, they have constitutional rights."

Claeys said the issue of due process for students is not an issue that is unique to the University of Minnesota.

"If we can get this due process thing to come to light and get people talking about it, it will be better for all of us, for students on all of the universities," said Claeys.

The University of Minnesota announced Tuesday that 10 football players have been suspended indefinitely from all team activities.

"I understand why it (decision to suspend the players) was made," said Claeys. "But I also, at the same time, I know the players on the other side of due process."

http://kstp.com/sports/tracy-claeys-gopher-head-football-coach-players-suspension/4348126/?cat=1

Also from Twitter:

Jon Krawczynski ‏ 36m36 minutes ago

Claeys says his reference to losing his job is that he mentioned that possibility to players BEFORE boycott. Was not referring to now.

Jon Krawczynski

Tracy Claeys says his players' boycott was about due process and not allegations. Says players reading report had minimal impact on decision

Mods please remove. Didn't see Gopher Lady's post.

Top Bottom