Gopher Fan Looking For Tickets

UST Gopher

Reaction score
I see a lot of Badger fans asking for tickets so I thought I'd give you guys (/gals) a chance to sell to the good side instead :D. I was gonna try to get student tickets through a friend at the U but since they can only get one ticket now it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I'm looking for two tickets to either the opener or the Wisconsin game.

Good luck with that.....

I've had season tickets for 15 years. I've not once sold my tickets for any game. I have on several occasions given my tickets away. Many times, if it was a pre Big 10 game, I'd have a hard time finding any takers.
So, the tide has turned. I'd say I've had not less than 10 requests to "buy" my tickets for the Air Force or Bucky game. I'd never say never, but I doubt that I'd be willing to give up my tickets for these games. That said, what do you think decent tickets will go for on the open market at these games? $100? More?

I will be willing to sell my tickets since I'm out-of-state. I haven't select my seats yet, but I plan to purchase two $500 donation level seats which means my seat will be within 35-50 yard lines (if there's any left when my selection day arrives).

I'm actually thinking about selling my entire season tickets (two tickets X 7 home games = 14 tickets total) as a package. As much as I like to get back to Minny for games at the new TCF this year, timing just isn't right this year (having a new baby on 8/21)!

Nothing is set on stone yet, but willing to take offers. ;)

Two full season tickets ($275 X 2 = $550)
Two $500 donations ($1000)
No parking spots will be purchased

$1,550.00 MSRP

How much are you willing to pay for the entire season?

I see a lot of Badger fans asking for tickets so I thought I'd give you guys (/gals) a chance to sell to the good side instead :D. I was gonna try to get student tickets through a friend at the U but since they can only get one ticket now it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I'm looking for two tickets to either the opener or the Wisconsin game.
Maybe it's just me, but someone with post #1 looking for tickets would not get a offer from me to buy my tickets. Not that I would be selling them.:mad:

GoldysArmy - Not Surprising

I have a friend that had 2 tickets to game 7 of the '91 WS - "Morris Goes 10".

He sold his tickets willingly. Didn't have any legitimate excuses (i.e. family emergency, pre-planned "can't-miss" business trip, etc.), just had more loyalty to his wallet than to anything else. In the process, missed perhaps the greatest one-game performance in Minnesota sports history.

Here's the kicker . . . afterword, he wasn't embarrassed or regretful - he was smiling and very happy with himself about how "well he did".

Why should this story/string surprise you at all?

:mad: :cry: :rolleyes:

I cannot even imagine how much I will sell my tickets for...

I have 4 tickets (so i didn't have to upgrade in the future), 2 of which I will use every game. One game, Purdue, I know I have a wedding and I will use none.

I do sit next to my brothers who split the season (just 2 tickets), but I know there will be a handful of games I will sell my seats.

We'll have to see where I end up first. I have a feeling my tickets will on average be costing me 75 a game per seat.

If the Gophers actually end up with a team on the field this year, I don't think their will be a roof of how much you'll be able to charge for decent seats.

I hope to sell/give my tickets to friends or family, but otherwise I am sorry I am going for the most money possible.

I have 4 seats. 2 are for me and my wife. The other 2 are for when my kids are old enough to go. Until they are old enough I usually give my seats away to friends/family. This year I imagine I will sell the extra 2 to the Air Force game. Maybe the Cal game too. I would think only Minnesota fans will want to buy for those games. I won't sell to a rival game. I'll either give to family or sell to friends (Gopher fans only) for face value.

dlw4gophers- I didn't mean to upset anyone here. I tried to get season tickets and wasn't able to both through student tickets and regular season tickets. It seems that some people here are quick to sell to badger fans so i'm just trying to get as much maroon and gold in the stands as possible by giving them a chance to sell to an actual gopher fan.

Yah-E - Thanks for the offer but I think that might be a little out of my price range.

Oh and Yah-E, i just re-read your post.. Congrats on the baby! +1 fan for the gophers haha

re:UST

I have several other family members who are also season ticketholders who are travelling to the same wedding that precludes me from attending the WI game. A few of them have asked me about selling their tickets as well, since they wouldn't know where to start or have much incentive to do so. What are you looking to spend? WI only, can't help you with the opener or CA game.

Trading tickets to other sports

Without looking at face value what would be fair trades in terms of football, hockey and basketball. I have 5 season tickets --with 3 kids that are under 12 so I know they will not always go to games. If I was trading 2 tickets what would be equal value-- i would love to catch a b-ball game or a hockey game.

Is a conference FB game equal to a conference b-ball game (or NC vs a NC game)
What about hockey -- is trading a NC game this year equal to a WCHA game.

Does anyone else regularly trade with other season ticket holders for a game or two a year. I would love to catch the gopher-Kansas game next year for b-ball (if official) --is it worth a conf or non-conf trade for example?

Without looking at face value what would be fair trades in terms of football, hockey and basketball. I have 5 season tickets --with 3 kids that are under 12 so I know they will not always go to games. If I was trading 2 tickets what would be equal value-- i would love to catch a b-ball game or a hockey game.

Is a conference FB game equal to a conference b-ball game (or NC vs a NC game)
What about hockey -- is trading a NC game this year equal to a WCHA game.

Does anyone else regularly trade with other season ticket holders for a game or two a year. I would love to catch the gopher-Kansas game next year for b-ball (if official) --is it worth a conf or non-conf trade for example?

To me football tickets are worth more than basketball or hockey. Giving up a game like MSU or Illinois for football equates to a ticket for UND in hockey or Wisconsin in basketball. If you give up the worst non-conference game, SDSU, then that is the equivalent of an Iowa in basketball (worst conference opponent) or decent but not great non-conference game or SDSU fball ticket = two bad non-conference basketball games.

That might change in a few years but in 2009 football tickets are a hot commodity.

but in 2009 football tickets are a hot commodity.

And all depends where in the new stadium your tickets are at too! I personally would love to expience the private LOGE BOX, tall seats, perfect height to view the field, and get to drink some cold ones with a group of guys, shoot, how would you even price that ticket? You would have to price the whole LOGE BOX (4 or 6 people). Can you image, you just buying one seat in a specific LOGE BOX, the other 3 original owners have to put up with a stranger in their LOGE BOX.

Speaking of pricing tickets to sell (for those of us that are not afraid to make a penny in this dwindling economy), tickets are $275 a piece + any donation $$ that you've paid for better seats; would you factor the donation $ into the pricing or would you just be nice to our fellow Gopher fans and just charge them for face value?

Very curious on what you guys would do?

Top Bottom