Gopher basketball rumor

scher215

Reaction score
@QuincyLewis: Just heard a great Golden Gopher Basketball Rumor, I will be waiting and watching”

Hmmmm ... Let the speculation begin!

Important to note the follow up tweet from Q as well:

"My rumor is not about coach smith contract. lol but I would be excited if the rumors are true about that."

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher said:
Important to note the follow up tweet from Q as well:

"My rumor is not about coach smith contract. lol but I would be excited if the rumors are true about that."

Go Gophers!!

My "dream" rumors

-tyus jones commits
-Vaughn commits
-flip Saunders as assistant coach (nba lockout)
-Kim kardashian as the gophers Ashley Judd
-stud 2012 or 2013 commit or transfer
-practice facility

All very unlikely, but a guy can dream, right?

I hate it when people get all cryptic like that lol

My "dream" rumors

-tyus jones commits
-Vaughn commits
-flip Saunders as assistant coach (nba lockout)
-Kim kardashian as the gophers Ashley Judd
-stud 2012 or 2013 commit or transfer
-practice facility

Other than the Kardashian one, I'd be really pumped with any of those.

If Tubby's contract is rumored to be done, maybe there is a plan set in stone for the practice facility?

I bet the rumor will either (a) be something much less interesting/good, or (b) not true.

My guess is that it's not regarding a new practice facility, but I hope it is. It would be the best news, and getting the practice facility would only help in signing Tyus/Vaughn. However, last I heard from my source inside the program was that they were still hoping for a major donor/business to pony up the full amount and that nothing was close at the moment. Hopefully there has been progress on this matter since I talked to him a couple weeks ago about it.

I'll make a call now and see if I can find anything out.

No guys actually its gopher basketball, good rumors never happen. Mo walker is probably transferring and tyus jones will commit to iowa tomorrow. Also rashad vaughn will go to baylor. But seriously I hope this is a good thing.....

During Media Day Live Esposito mentioned the Gophers would be playing a tournament in the Bahamas next year. Could that be the rumor? According to Grimm and Spencer this was the first anyone had heard of it.

During Media Day Live Esposito mentioned the Gophers would be playing a tournament in the Bahamas next year. Could that be the rumor? According to Grimm and Spencer this was the first anyone had heard of it.

I hope its more than the Bahamas and Maui trips. Those are awesome, but really hope its better than preseason tourney destinations.

If you guys missed it (FTB hinted where to find out, I guess), Lewis was just talking about tomorrow night's 'madness' event, that's all.

The big question is this: What in the heck is up with the Iowa uniforms the kids were wearing today? Am I going color blind?

If you guys missed it (FTB hinted where to find out, I guess), Lewis was just talking about tomorrow night's 'madness' event, that's all.

The big question is this: What in the heck is up with the Iowa uniforms the kids were wearing today? Am I going color blind?

As Gopher basketball rumors go, I'll take a whole lot of nothing anytime.

If we're playing in the Bahamas next year, it's likely the Battle 4 Atlantis. It's a first-year 8-team tourney that this year features UConn and Florida State. Even though it's not an ESPN sponsored tournamernt, I heard a report that it's already the highest paying exempt tournament. If that's the one it's probably going to have a good field.

The Kris Kardshian (Humpries) Practice facility.

Esposito said yesterday that the gophers will be playing in the Battle 4 Atlantis next year and then the Maui Invitational in 2013. Definitely exciting news.

Voshon

I'm guessing the rumor was that Vo Lenard was going to be in the house tonight.

My 'sources' tell me that Joel Maturi will be named asst mens basketball coach. Our AD will call it a 'Tubby Smith type hire'.

I hope Jerry Kill shows up with that pig. (Floyd)
Would like to see a trophy up close one last time before 2016 or later.

Can't express how much I liked watching Randy Carter play. Voshon, Willie too. But Randy was the man.

Maybe the rumor is Tubby won't sign the extension unless there is a plan to get the practice facility build.

Top Bottom