GOPHER/badger week - How Pumped Are You?

How Pumped Are You?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Tipsy McStagger

Legend & Gopherhole Watchdog
Reaction score
So... I'm REALLY FIRED UP this week! I'm talkin' pumped like the old days when Lloyd, Sailor, and I would get a ten pounds of wings, a couple of pallets of GA, load of Dixon's sh!tty old jeep and head down the street to tailgate outside Beaver Stadium with no intention of going to the game. We'd have the Gophers and the Canes on TVs and spend a good 12-14 hours tailgating. By the time Thursday came around, I couldn't focus on my work because I was so pumped for football Saturday.

It's Gopher/badger week! So many memories... like the time Lloyd and I rolled into Madison pretending to be stranded travelers, just going bar to bar with our suitcases until a couple of ladies offered to take us in for the night. Their apartment was only 4 blocks from Camp Randal! Boy were they surprised when we woke in the AM and pulled on our Gopher gear. Tagged by the enemy... sort of like counting coup, but with naked chicks.

I'm sure most 'holers have similar stories from trips to Madison, but one we all share is the China Gopher Chair Leg In The Eye Socket story. (CGCLITES). The CGCLITES story is one that will live on for generations. Nothing like a little physical violence to express how pumped you are!

Heading to Madison in 2 hours. 1 Beer down the hatch already (don’t worry, flying not driving) Chair Leg packed and ready to go. How pumped are you?

New Trophy?

Chairlegstein. (pardon the horrible "paint" skills)

Attachments

• chairstein.JPG
    chairstein.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 16

Heading to Madison in 2 hours. 1 Beer down the hatch already (don’t worry, flying not driving) Chair Leg packed and ready to go.

I'm sitting at work wishing I were headed to Madision in 2 hours. The only thing that keeps me going is I will be on my way in 24 hours.

I will meet up with you guys on Friday morning for breakfast at the standard place. I go the Dahmer hockey jersey made and intend to wear it. After much thought I decided the number "8" would be most appropriate.

My favorite time was the game a few years back where I was Damer, Dr. Lloyd was my "asian boy dinner" and Sir Tipsy was a hmong hunter. We should bring those costumes back.

Sir Tipsy, you may want to try the "in town for the gynecologists convention" ploy sometime.

As for pumped, I am way beyond all categories mentioned. As in "Bielema's giant noggin up my butt" pumped.

Good Times, Good Times.

It's Homecoming here and I am on one of my favorite perv perches at the base of Old Glory in front of Old Main watching some co-eds play throw the frisbee. I'm glad it warmed up today and it isnt raining, lots of bouncing going on...

I guess I'm pumped.

H. Sailor
:cool02:,:party:, hurricane flags

I will meet up with you guys on Friday morning for breakfast at the standard place. I go the Dahmer hockey jersey made and intend to wear it. After much thought I decided the number "8" would be most appropriate.

My favorite time was the game a few years back where I was Damer, Dr. Lloyd was my "asian boy dinner" and Sir Tipsy was a hmong hunter. We should bring those costumes back.

Ah, my Konerak Sinthasomphone costume. Those were the good ole days.

Does anyone honestly find any of this schtick humorous, even in the slightest?

Dane Cook is a genius compared to this. I'd rather have a root canal than reading this all day.

Does anyone honestly find any of this schtick humorous, even in the slightest?

Dane Cook is a genius compared to this. I'd rather have a root canal than reading this all day.

GopherHole was better with them banned. :mad:

You know....I could just be stating the obvious here....but you could not click on the thread if you don't want to read it.....I mean, really you know exactly whats going to be inside, yet you bitch about whats inside.....:rolleyes:

Does anyone else get the feeling that Lloyd Christmas, Hungry Sailor, kellyleeks, and Tipsy are all the same poster suffering from some form of multiple personality disorder? It seems strange to me that all of these posters who were apparently a big deal in the past just up and appear over the course of a week or two in the midst of an awful season. Their posts don't bother me one way or another, but really? Why now?

Does anyone else get the feeling that Lloyd Christmas, Hungry Sailor, kellyleeks, and Tipsy are all the same poster suffering from some form of multiple personality disorder? It seems strange to me that all of these posters who were apparently a big deal in the past just up and appear over the course of a week or two in the midst of an awful season. Their posts don't bother me one way or another, but really? Why now?

Considering I've met at least three of the group while tailgating.....your theory fails.

I remember them from pre-ban and I'm glad they're back, but I don't understand the "we are gods and you are lucky that we're able to grace you with our presence again" act. It makes you guys seem like huge *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s, which I'm sure you're probably not. My guess is you're just having fun, but on a message board I think people take it seriously and think you're arrogant a-holes. Then again I could be wrong and you actually are arrogant a-holes.

I remember them from pre-ban and I'm glad they're back, but I don't understand the "we are gods and you are lucky that we're able to grace you with our presence again" act. It makes you guys seem like huge *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s, which I'm sure you're probably not. My guess is you're just having fun, but on a message board I think people take it seriously and think you're arrogant a-holes. Then again I could be wrong and you actually are arrogant a-holes.

Does anyone have a list of words that get the wing-ding treatment? I can't believed I got bleeped for typing "d. o. u. c. h. e".

I have never claimed to be higher nor better than anyone. I wasn't banned either, that I know of, I stopped posting because I had other stuff to do. also I feared for my life after G4L said he wanted to kill me. Tipsy did ask me to come back because some posters said they missed me, Thanks Jike, firedave, drunkenMN, freakydeke, and the rest of my buds. I missed you too. Now I'm back and want to get to know everyone again, and maybe get drunk from time to time with y'all.

Felde?

I also miss the Pump Polls even if I'm never pumped.

It's fun to have something to laugh about.

It's axe week.

I don't care if we are the worst team in the country. (we might be)
And I don't care if wisky is the best team in the country. (they aren't)

I am way pumped. You should be embarrassed if you are not.

It's axe week.

I don't care if we are the worst team in the country. (we might be)
And I don't care if wisky is the best team in the country. (they aren't)

I am way pumped. You should be embarrassed if you are not.

I'm pretty damned embarrassed....and depressed about my favorite football team.:confused:

NASA! Awesome, now the whole gameday chatroom crew is back together. On the days when H. Sailor, Dr. Lloyd, and I would watch games from the comfort of the living room at 253 Ridge or Hammy, it was awesome when there would be 15 or 20 people in the chat room discussing the game and other things like "whatcha drinkin'..." Nasa was always there, checking in from space.

Who want's to chat during an upcoming game? Not this weekend, as I am already in Madison (nursing a bloody mary), but maybe for one of the games in November.

:cool02::cool02:

Whatever happened to the podcast? I was really looking forward to that.

Whatever happened to the podcast? I was really looking forward to that.

We had some technical difficulties when we tried to record last Saturday. Since we will be bringing you the only the only podcast recorded in a tailgate lot, we will not have another recording session until the Penn State game. I think we've got the kinks worked out, so the next one should work!

I'm definitely pumped. Haven't missed a Gopher/Badger game since I attended and then graduated from the U of M (2000). Always meet up with my college friends to relive the old memories. We still get just as drunk although don't do quite as many stupid things like we used to like when I got arrested in downtown Minneapolis after a game several years ago. I'll be headed down 1-94 EARLY tomorrow morning to hit up our tailgate party @ 9am. Let the keg stands commence!!

Normally for this game I would be at the highest level of pumped, but because I ended my relationship with my fiance this week it has brought me down a bit. However I will still wake up after two hours of sleep after work I will get decked out head to toe in Gopher gear and watch the game!

Top Bottom