Gopher All Access post from Jason LaFrenz

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
No question that the UM was embarrassed by CBS failure to broadcast the Bucknell game. The SDSU game came through very well last night so maybe they fixed the problem. However, the inability for CBS to get the Bucknell game out and the first part of the Augustana game to its subscribers is inexcusable.

In the meantime, I will check out the other link that viewers used to view last nights game.
"I want to thank you for your e-mail regarding the failure of the Gopher All-access streaming service during last Friday's men's basketball game. We have spent the past few days working with the Big Ten Network and CBS Interactive to fully understand where the problems occurred. We do believe the technical issue has been identified and fixed. Tonight's men's basketball game was available on-line and we did not have any issues in the delivery.

The end result from last Friday is that we did not deliver the service that we said we would--No excuses. We expect to talk again on Tuesday with our partners about finding a solution to the customer service issue that was created. We will be in contact with you again in the next few days. We sincerely apologize for the streaming issues and we appreciate your patience."

Regards,
Jason LaFrenz
Associate Athletics Director - External Relations

Another issue is the amount of streamed games each mens basketball team has in the Big Ten. We lead the way with 7, followed by Wisc with 6, Purdue with 5. I didn't check the others, but Indiana has no games streamed. It looks like it's a popularity contest for which team gets BTN-HD telecasts and which teams do not. These concerns need to be sent to the BTN.

These games should be on BTN period.

You'd think they could use the alternate stations like they do with football, since they just sit there blank all week anyway. I'm assuming it's a money thing, but c'mon, when you have your own network, you could at least show every team's game on said network or if you're not gonna do that, not have people paying more to watch it on a computer when it seems easy enough to have it on TV somehow.

You'd think they could use the alternate stations like they do with football, since they just sit there blank all week anyway. I'm assuming it's a money thing, but c'mon, when you have your own network, you could at least show every team's game on said network or if you're not gonna do that, not have people paying more to watch it on a computer when it seems easy enough to have it on TV somehow.

Pay for view is bogus as we all pay our cable or satellite provider to view BTN. I agree that all games should be available BTN and not for a fee and I let the UM know about it.

Why ask fans to pay to watch a streamed early season game yet the other BTN programming is free, including the live games? Additional revenue is my guess.

Why the "class" system that freshtrout eluded to unless the BTN gives each school a share of the $9.95? Just reaching on that one though as I don't have a clue if that is part of it. But if it is, I see Maturi's fingerprint all over it.

The only way this will change is to let the UM know about your opinion.

Top Bottom