Gopher 2026 Volleyball Commitments

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Right now there is a lot of talk on the Volleytalk Proboard Forum. I just don't understand the impatience of some of our Minnesota fans. Many of those considered Top 2026 prospects have already committed in the last few days to our rivals in the Big Ten...Nebraska, Wisconsin and Penn State. For whatever their reasons, many of our recent top recruited players thave ransferred to these three previously mentioned programs.

I am not all that surprised and I guess I have a hard time understanding why others don't see why this is happening. As much as we love our University here in Minnesota and this volleyball program and players it is just going to take time for our new HC and Assistants to bring this program up to the level that our rivals in the Big Ten have. How many Big Ten Championships and National Championships do they have combined? Also, let's also not forget we had a very proven HC resign.

I for one have faith in this HC and his newly formed Assistants to rebuild and maintain the Gopher Volleyball Program as one of the top programs in NCAA Div 1 Volleyball. Patience is just not easy for all of us to have I guess. Yes, and I can be guilty of it myself at times. However, right now under these circumstances this should be common sense knowledge that we all should be able to see and be able to get through together.

Should anybody have some great news or tea to spill on the above Subject Line, please feel free to post it.

Right now there is a lot of talk on the Volleytalk Proboard Forum. I just don't understand the impatience of some of our Minnesota fans. Many of those considered Top 2026 prospects have already committed in the last few days to our rivals in the Big Ten...Nebraska, Wisconsin and Penn State. For whatever their reasons, many of our recent top recruited players thave ransferred to these three previously mentioned programs.

I am not all that surprised and I guess I have a hard time understanding why others don't see why this is happening. As much as we love our University here in Minnesota and this volleyball program and players it is just going to take time for our new HC and Assistants to bring this program up to the level that our rivals in the Big Ten have. How many Big Ten Championships and National Championships do they have combined? Also, let's also not forget we had a very proven HC resign.

I for one have faith in this HC and his newly formed Assistants to rebuild and maintain the Gopher Volleyball Program as one of the top programs in NCAA Div 1 Volleyball. Patience is just not easy for all of us to have I guess. Yes, and I can be guilty of it myself at times. However, right now under these circumstances this should be common sense knowledge that we all should be able to see and be able to get through together.

Should anybody have some great news or tea to spill on the above Subject Line, please feel free to post it.
I know the recruits will come and I know that there is plenty of talent still out there. Still, it's fine to feel left out when our rivals are trumpeting recruits as they come in and we're still waiting. It's only natural.

I know the recruits will come and I know that there is plenty of talent still out there. Still, it's fine to feel left out when our rivals are trumpeting recruits as they come in and we're still waiting. It's only natural.
In addition to a change in the coaching staff, we are also dealing with a seismic shift in NIL and free transfers. There is so much more static going on behind the scenes today than even 6 months ago.

We have capable coaches in most sports. They are greatly handicapped in recruiting and retaining players by the transfer portal and NIL monies. We need Coyle to step up his efforts in developing NIL monies. Until Minnesota completes in the NIL game, most Gopher sports will not be at the elite level.

So far the early TOP RECRUIT committments are going to the Big teams I already mentioned and, of course, Texas. And the only one I felt we would land in that elite group was Hoecke, which we did.

As time goes on, there is always plenty of room on rosters for many Top Athletes. However, only 6-8 will be seeing the court on all these teams. If this program can keep improving, we just might see some of these players on these 4 teams transfer to Minnesota within 2-3 years...fingers crossed.

It continued a welcome trend for coach Keegan Cook and his staff: keeping top local talent at home. Since taking over the program, Cook has kept in-state recruits Stella and Olivia Swenson, who are on campus now, and received commitments from Carly Gilk (the top Minnesota recruit for 2025) and now Hoecke.

"I have been a U fan my whole life, just cause of growing up here," Hoecke said Thursday. "But going into this recruiting process, I was completely open to all options, and I did the work before to find my top five."

Top Bottom