Gopher 2011 recruit Nemanja Djurisic

"In case Trevor makes the leap to the NBA?

I would say it's 90-10 right now against him coming back and 10 % may be generous.

I agree with you. I also think he is going to be very surprised when he can't hang in the NBA without a go-to move. I am hoping he feels the need to stay another year and work on a baby hook or at least a ten foot jump shot. I can hope can't I?

This years top 3 teams in the Big ten have been ranked 1, 8, and 14th. You find that to be more realistic than a final four? I would hope if Gophers are ranked in any of those spots to end the season that final four is VERY realistic.

Yes I do. Even great teams can have one bad game and lose in the NCAA's. Big 10 has down years where a pretty good team can win the league and still do nothing in the NCAA's. Have to be good, lucky, and on a roll to make it to a final four. Having Jan Ganglehoff around also seems to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGopher

I would say it's 90-10 right now against him coming back and 10 % may be generous.

as in 90% chance he comes back or 90% chance he declares?

Scher, I read that as 90% chance he moves on. FWIW.

If Trevor can get paid to play (NBA or elsewhere), I think he should go. He's a father now.

I think I read he is close to graduating and if that is the case I agree.

Obviously I would love it if he stayed for another season and a year of grad school!!

:)

I think I read he is close to graduating and if that is the case I agree.

Obviously I would love it if he stayed for another season and a year of grad school!!

:)

Gophers into the NBA will help recruiting. Tubby's first player to get drafted by NBA was Gary Clark in 1994 from Tulsa.

...but conference championships last forever.

Football National Championships last forever too. You might want to remind your red weasel friends about this fact. Then tell them to STFU until they win one.

A unshared Big Ten Title and a Final Four are about the same to me. I can't say one would make me more happy than the other. First I'd like to get back to the point where we expect to win a game in the tournament.

Trevor will declare. I don't think there's any doubt about that. Tubby recommends his players to declare if he thinks they have a shot. The question is whether he comes back or not. So I'm not sure if JG is saying there is a 90% he won't come back? I think it's too early to say.

If Trevor goes he goes I guess.

I hope he realizes that the epic meltdown on the Gopherhole would be on his shoulders if he does. :)

If Trevor goes he goes I guess.

I hope he realizes that the epic meltdown on the Gopherhole would be on his shoulders if he does. :)
He is gone, gone, gone. He didn't even want to play here last year, he wanted to play in Memphis.

He is gone, gone, gone. He didn't even want to play here last year, he wanted to play in Memphis.

That's FALSE. Mbakwe only looked at Memphis IF he was not allowed to play at Minnesota. At the time, he had a pending felony charge. At the time (before or since), Memphis didn't care about it.

Top Bottom